Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Subscriptio, but valid Education License!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
ruggs37
1562 Views, 26 Replies

Expired Subscriptio, but valid Education License!

Hi:

When I sign on to GBS (with different computers and/or different browsers), I am now getting  the same message which says that my subscription has expired and I will be locked out on 3-18.

I have exhausted Autodesk  Education Community Help.

The renew a subscription link provided is only valid if you have a paid for subscription. Education accounts do not have a paid for subscription, but rather a subscription that comes with the download of an Education Product. In my case Revit 2014 and Ecotect. Once you have that download and are licensed (a 3 yr education license) then you have access to GBS.

I do have a valid licenses and have been sent screen shots of the licenses to the Education Community Help along with a screen shot of the GBS expired account message

How can I get a valid subscription.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Revit 2014, but my GBS account remains invalid; appaprently Autodesk's GBS is receiving  inaccurate information regarding my account. the information is not coming from my computer or interference from a browser.

Thanks forany help.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: ruggs37

Hi Carl and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

I looked up your email address in our system and found that you are only associated to our free educational licenses that are offered through our Education Community. Is it possible you may not be referring to a commercial subscription, but rather our free three year student licenses?

You are receiving errors when trying to log in into the Subscription Center because you do not have a valid/current contract. What I would suggest would be to log into the Education Community using a different email address to create a new account.

If you do by chance have a commercial license on subscription, please send me the serial number via Private Message and we'll get this worked out for you. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please respond to this post any further questions or concerns. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 27
stephanie.egger
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

Can you please clarify the difference between 

• the "free educational licenses that are offered through our Education Community"
  • and "our free three year student licenses?"

Is there an alternative to creating a new account for students and educators with licenses from the Education Community? Many users need to keep their accounts so they can continue to access their work through 360. Is there a way around this?

Thanks! I know many people with the same problem--trying to get them the right info.

-Stephanie

Stephanie Egger

Evangelist, Building Performance Analysis
blogs.autodesk.com/insight360
Message 4 of 27
ruggs37

Hi Jessica:

I definitely do not have a commercial account, only the educational licenses --as you found out.  I have always just had the educational accounts and have always had access to GBS.  First as a download and then as a subscription provided by the educational licenses in Revit or Ecotect.  Just recently has the account error and warning that it will be blocked has shown up.

I am accessing GBS directly through Revit 2014 under the Analysis Tab.  I am of coursed signed in to GBS at that time.

My other associates as UMass-Amherst are able to access GBS without any error message and they also only have the subscription because of Education Licenses.

If I register with a new email address at the Education community should I then uninstall Revit 2014 and reinstall under the new email and do you think that I will regain my access or will the duplication of all my information (excepting email address) create confusion or errors at Autodesk?

Thanks very much for responding. I am a doing a PhD and use the program in my research along with teaching energy modeling  including gbXML export to GBS so it would be a relief to resolve this.  All other efforts through Autodesk "Helps" have been to no avail.

Best,

Carl

Message 5 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: stephanie.egger

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, Stephanie!

Apologies for any confusion but those are the same thing. I just like to offer it in different language because many people call the free licenses from the Education Community different things.

Are these users experiencing specific account issues? Because those can resolved through our Education Community Problem Form. This form is for account and log in issues only, technical support is not offered through that channel.

If there is something else in particular that I can help you with please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 27
jessica.t

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the extra details! I'm concerned that there's some type of entitlement connection problem with your account because each license lasts for three years, as you know, and Green Building Studio should include that. Have you already tried submitting a ticket through the Education Community Problem Form? They specialize in account issues.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 27
ruggs37

Jessica:

I have worked with both Subscription Help who said they do not deal with Education Licenses -- fair enough.  I have dealt with virtual help -- nothing fit.  I have had Chat Help who tried with screen shares and lengthy chats, but finally could not figure it out.   The  Education Community Help dialogue involve multiple emails with two different agents who supplied mostly links to various PDfs and finally responded that they just couldn't help and to try this Forum, which I feel is being quite responsive.

It seems that you are my last resort.  I am an Autodesk Excellence in Analysis Award winner and really value the Education Licenses that Autodesk supplies at no cost. We have classes in  Autocad and Revit here in my department and I said I teach Energy Modeling using the new capabilities of Revit 2014 in system sizing and energy analysis via export to GBS.  We also are interested in the DOE2 access that GBS provides to eQUEST.  At this moment my hands are virtually tied with 3-18 looming when I will be blocked from GBS -- yet all my licenses are in order and up to date.

Whatever you can do...

Thanks,

Carl

Message 8 of 27
mstein7484

What is your user name? I will see if I can help.
Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 9 of 27
ruggs37
in reply to: mstein7484

Marjorie

User Name: Ruggs37

Thank you,

Carl

Message 10 of 27
juintow

I have the same issue and have reached out to Stephanie Egger, and she asked me to post to zendesk and they in turn asked me to post here. 

I am Asso. Prof at Cal Poly Pomona and actively teaching GBS. I downloaded 2014 Revit a few weeks ago. It shows my GBS as expired as of last year. So I can't upload projects via gbxml. My license on Revit 2014 is obviously active. i suspect my GBS subscription is linked to an old version of Revit (or Vasari or Ecotect), as I have been downloading a new version of Educational Revit each year, for years. How can I get my gbs to link to the subscription for the new version of Revit? I also have two students in my class who have the same problem. We all downloaded 2014 educational recently and all have expired GBS accounts. My last class on this subject is this Monday - can you please assist me asap? 

username: juintow (autodesk@juintow.com) 

Message 11 of 27
ruggs37
in reply to: juintow

Juintow:

I think that you are almost correct that your GBS subscription is linked to an old version of Revit or another program; but I think that the problem might be that before GBS went to the cloud we use to download it and that provided us with an Education Subscription that was similar to the Purchased Subscription and GBS "registered it" in the same place as the Purchased subscriptions. 

Now our access comes linked throught our Education License.  Not a problem for Education Users that have never downloaded GBS, but for longer time users like us it has created an issue. 

Right now I can access GBS through Revit, but like you cannot upload a gbXML into GBS directly.  The warning on GBS also says that I will be blocked out on 3-18 which is 60 days after the date that GBS thinks that my subscription expired.  Then I will be in even worse shape.

The hope is that we will hear from Marjorie (see above post) and she will have somekind of solution.

Message 12 of 27
ruggs37

Marjorie:

We have not heard back from you and it seems that I am not alone with this problem as you can see with the rest of thread.

Thanks,

Ruggs37

Message 13 of 27
mstein7484

Hello,

Until we can implement the solution for these expired accounts we have to manually editthe expiration date. If you are still having issue please send me your user login name and the date when your subscription started.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 14 of 27
ruggs37

Marjorie:

Many thanks for the follow up.

My User Name is: Ruggs37

When my subsciption started I am not exactly sure.  My account on GBS says that I will be "blocked from GBS on 3/18/14  which is 60 days from expiration".

Therefore it must have expired on 1/17/14.  I believe that I first subscribed to GBS in February of 2010. This was before GBS accessed was provided automatically with a Revit Education Download.

I think that what is going on is that the subscription was active until Jan of this year and I never paid any attention to it as I thought that my access had been automatically changed to coincide with the Revit 2013 and 2014 Education Downloads.  Clearly I was mistaken and now that the subscription has expired there is not an automatic switch over to my Education Download Access.

Appreciative of the manual correction.  I think there will be others asking for the same.

Regards,

Carl

Message 15 of 27
patryk.halczak

Hello

I have enrolled on BPAC Certificate course and cannot finish it because I am unable to perform any practical work. I receive error showing that my subscription expired. I have valid perpetual student licence I purchased last year for Revit 2014 and downloaded recently (for this purpose) Revit 2015 with 3 year educational licence hoping this one will work. Unfortunately it has not worked.

The whole story is described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep/problem-with-autodesk-360-and-revit/td-p/5300757

Please help as this course is very relevant to this year coursework, therefore I would like to finish it asap.

Thanks

Message 16 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: patryk.halczak

Hi @patryk.halczak and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I see that you have the Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 educational purchased license. However, purchased educational licenses are not associated to cloud services. But you can access cloud services for free through the Education Community. Commercial users with purchased licenses and Subscription can also access cloud services.

Apologies, I realize this is very inconvenient. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 27
patryk.halczak

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your answer, as mentioned earlier I have also set up new account through Education Community and downloaded free Revit 2015 with 3 years free educational licence for the purpose of BPAC course. I am in full time education (university) and both learning and using Autodesk software for coursework. Now I would like to complete the BPAC course that was meant to be free for students with full access to required services free of charge.

I have already spent time on this course and would like to carry on, though I need to pass my practical assessment that requires access to cloud.

Can you please activate access to the cloud for me? The recently registered Education Community account has Autodesk ID: PatrykHalczak and has no access to the cloud too for unknown reason as according to everyone I had contacted so far it should work automatically.

Kind regards

Patryk

Message 18 of 27
mra1242

Hi Patryk,

Your account should work automatically. Did you use your edu email address to register?

Please follow these steps and see if you can make it work, otherwise let me know and I will check with development team to solve the issue on the background.

1- Go to GBS website (http://gbs.autodesk.com/) and try to login there using your edu account. Fill in all the required information if it asks you. 

2- login to Revit or Vasari using the same account.

3- Try to create a new run from Revit and see if it goes through.

4- Go back to GBS website from Result and Compare window from Analysis tab in revit. 

Design Review.jpg

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 19 of 27
patryk.halczak
in reply to: mra1242

I have logged in to GBS using account registered with academic email address, I was asked to fill up form that were more relevant to commercial customer as questions included company name, role etc.

After logging in to GBS and filling what was missing I tried to log in to 360 using the same account (registered using academic email) and still not working, when opened Results & Compare dialog in Revit all menu was faded out and inactive. I could not though run any simulation prior due to licence issue.

Is there no resolution for this problem? I would expct there should be one if such courses are available.

Regards

Patryk

Message 20 of 27
mra1242

Hi Patryk,

Sorry for this issue. I am asking our team to have a look on your account. Thanks for being patient.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report