Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: cannot simulate layers...wallls too thin?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amontri
1513 Views, 3 Replies

Error message: cannot simulate layers...wallls too thin?

Does anyone know why am I getting this error now?  Or does anyone know the link where I can send my gbxml model for more information about the errors?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mstein7484
in reply to: amontri

This error is generated due to a limitation on the energy analysis engine used by Revit/Green Building Studio.

If you choose a different wall construction you should be able to successfully submit an energy analysis.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
amontri
in reply to: mstein7484

Thanks so much for you message.

Is there another way to get an energy simulation with the walls I've specified? It's kind of critical that I try to stick with the walls that the project requires...

--
Awrasa Montrichok
Idest S.r.l.
Mailto:amontrichok@idestgroup.com
Tel. 011.086.86.50
Fax. 011.839.58.66
Message 4 of 4
mstein7484
in reply to: amontri

Choose a different construction in Revit/Vasari, which will give you a successful analysis run. Then open Green Building Studio (GBS) from the Results and Compare window. Open your project in GBS,  select the base run, choose the Design Alternative window, choose a different construction (which will hopefully be similar to what you need) and follow the steps for submitting a design alternative run. Alternatively you can use the GBS Project Defaults to choose a construction. This method has a larger set of constructions while the Design Alternatives set is meant to only offer options that are typically better performing than standard. Read this section of our help documentation for further details: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Green_Building_Studio/enu/Help/Help/0014-Projects14/0027-Using_th27/003...

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report