Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Spaces without Revit MEP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dylan.chavez
870 Views, 1 Reply

Defining Spaces without Revit MEP

I am in the process of evaluating both Ecotect and GBS for my firm. As such I will likely be posting a few questions that hopefully I can get answers to.

The first question I have relates to a method of defining spaces in the model, based on the literature I have understand that the LEED glazing score is based on the percentage of regularly occupied floor area. In order to remove floor area from the regularly occupied floor area you need to define spaces using Revit MEP. Is there a way to define space with in Revit Architecture so that this level of detail could be determined with out having to get our MEP consultant involved.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Drew
in reply to: dylan.chavez

You cannot define spaces in Revit Architecture, however you can define rooms then ensure that the volume computation is set on. Now you have a 'space' that is just not as clever as a space. your MEP engineer will now be a big fan of you as they can use the rooms to define the space names and numbers...

try the export to gbXML after creating the rooms and you will see that the rooms are defining volume, in Ecotect these will become zones, likewise in GBS (not sure what GBS calls them).

one thing to ensure is that you define every interior mass in the building (chases/sliver spaces), and that includes in the vertical sense.

Drew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report