Green Building Studio

Green Building Studio

ayezioro
Message 1 of 4 (848 Views)

Calculate Heating/Cooling Loads - No HVAC

848 Views, 3 Replies
08-27-2013 11:23 PM

Hi,

Is there a possibility of defining what in EnergyPlus is called IdealLoadsSystem.

I'm just interested in getting the Heating/Cooling loads without defining any specific HVAC system.

Thanks,

-A.

Employee
mstein7484
Message 2 of 4 (839 Views)

Re: Calculate Heating/Cooling Loads - No HVAC

08-29-2013 10:49 AM in reply to: ayezioro

The loads calculated by Green Building Studio are independent of the HVAC system chosen.

Currently the loads are easily viewed in Revit/Vasari (which are powered by the GBS simulation tool) Results & Compare windows.

GBS's new Project Solon feature will allow you to build customizde reporting of energy simulatjion results, including heating & cooling loads. It is currently in the alpha phase and demonstrates these features as read-only. In upcoming releases you'll be able to apply the custom report charts to your projects.

Or, alternately, you can download and review the gbXML file from the GBS downloads page. All of the energy results are available in the gbXML file.

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Green Building Studio
Autodesk, Inc.

bpa.team@autodesk.com
ayezioro
Message 3 of 4 (836 Views)

08-29-2013 11:11 AM in reply to: mstein7484
Thanks for your answer Marjorie, I'll check it later, but right now what i'm really looking for is the EnergyPlus (idf) file in order to perform some definition changes in the building while still calculating just the loads. This process is part of a research i'm doing now and it is very important to have this possibility. So do you think or know it is possible? Thanks again, -A.
nikolay.gerasimov
Message 4 of 4 (583 Views)

12-14-2013 10:48 AM in reply to: ayezioro

May be I'm wrong but there is no full analog of Ideal Systems in DOE. And all calculations it GBS are based on complete HVAC models, you can easily see it in eQUEST. If you choose "no heating and cooling" in your project template it will lead to literal absence of any systems except DHW in your project. All another calculations consider particular equipment and results are different for different HVAC systems.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.