Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building area prevents gbXML upload

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EKey
1557 Views, 2 Replies

Building area prevents gbXML upload

Hi,

I created a gbXML file with Revit containing about 500 spaces and want to upload it to the GBS. I've got an error message like this:

There is too much floor and ceiling area in the gbXML file received by Green Building Studio:

• Floor and ceiling area = 16,739 m2
  • Building area = 11,470 m2

The floor and ceiling area must be within 20% of the building area to perform meaningful energy analysis 

And I want to overcome the problem.

I know, I know, I should fix the Revit model placing spaces wherever I can. Believe me, I've done the best possible with given architectural model. But it has columns defined as room-bounding and their area is not considered as floor area. I can't delete the columns as it crashes all the space separations. And there other issues like this. In general I am happy with the model and I consider all the possible sequences. I just need to upload the model to GBS.

I believe it is not correct to generate the error message for the issue. It is enough to give a warning.

Can I overcome the problem modifying gbXML file? What can I do for quick fix of the issue?

Best Regards,

Evgeny.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mccord
in reply to: EKey

many of my students are having the same problem.  have you found any resolutions?  One of the problems is that many of their models are using cantilevered floors for outdoor spaces and shading elements, so cutting back the model would not give accurate results.

Message 3 of 3
EKey
in reply to: EKey

The problem was with by model. Architect just missed one floor slab.

I sent a request to GBS support and they put it on a list to review this limitation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report