Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to export revit gbXML file to eQuest

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fssz0003
957 Views, 2 Replies

Attempting to export revit gbXML file to eQuest

I've exported my Revit building as a gbXML file. When I attempt to upload that file through Green Building Studio, as I was prompted, it is giving me an error message saying (Issue: run aborted). Does anyone have any idea how I might rectify this problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mstein7484
in reply to: fssz0003

Hello,

Can you send us your Revit file and your exported gbXML file? Our team will try to diagnose the issue.

Regards,

bpa.team@autodesk.com

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: mstein7484

Hi,

I hope your problem is solved by now. Here is a little general information on using GBS for energy analysis. 

There are 3 main workflows to perform energy analysis (EA) using Revit and GBS: EA using Building Emelemnets, EA using Conceptual Mass and EA using gbXML file (both for detailed model and conceptual model). You can find more detail on this topic here.

Using gbXML file you need to upload your file manually to the GBS website, while using Building Elements you can perform analysis and get back the results in Revit. Is there any specific reason that you are using gbXML file to do analysis?

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report