Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternate runs meaning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eduardormz
404 Views, 2 Replies

alternate runs meaning

I need help understanding what has been changed in some of the alternate runs!  Most of them are pretty straight forward, and if I get lost the help menu is kind of helpful.  But I am having trouble understanding what HiPer 01a, HiPer 02a, HiPer 03a, HiPer 01b, HiPer 02b, HiPer 03b, HiPer 01c, HiPer 02c, HiPer 03c mean or what exactly are these alternate runs changing when compared to the base model.  These are the alternate runs which give the best results when compared to the base model, but I can't seem to find any information regarding in which way are they different from the base one.  These alternate runs were made automatically when I ran the energy analysis from Revit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
eduardormz
in reply to: eduardormz

I can see the alternate run construction but I'm not sure I can see if there were any changes in, say, daylight controls or occupancy controls, or if the HVAC equipment was changed.  I cannot find a way to know all the exact changes that were made.  These alternate runs were automatically made when I ran my base model.  If anyone knows how to check every change that was made, please let me know.  Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: eduardormz

Hi,

The alternative runs are made based on the settings on Project Solon (you can always download the gbXML file and check the details for tracking the changes made). Please follow these steps to understand how these alternative runs are generated and how you can set your alternative runs.

1. Go to GBS website http://gbs.autodesk.com/
  2. From the top right corner go to Project Solon
  3. From the left bar menu select Dashboards

2015-01-06 10_43_45-Green Building Studio Project Solon.jpg

4. In Solon Dashboard list, you can see dashboards that are assigned to different applications (Revit-Results and Compare; Revit Energy Cost Range; FormIt-Performance; and FormIt-Weather). You can select each of these dashboards and see the Widgets that are used in them. The widgets can be created based on Runsets which are a set of alternative runs (Like changing construction, lighting density, etc.). You can create your own runset and dashboard and assign it to any of these applications. 

2015-01-11 12_54_33-Green Building Studio Templates.jpg

Please see here for more information:

BPA Help on project Solon

How to Create Runset (Video)

Project Solon (Video) 

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report