Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility alternative

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
judyyu
390 Views, 2 Replies

Visibility alternative

Hi,

Is it possible to create an alternative of visibility with another visibility condition? For exemple, I want to show 2 different cabinets (one that have doors opening right and left; and the other one with 2 doors horizontal opening to the top) but also depending which cabinet you choose, I have also 2 options of handles for each cabinets (they are not at the same place). The only way I found was to create 4 different visibility in the same alternative, I couldn't put it in 2 different alternatives.

Thanks,

Judy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: judyyu

Hi Judyyu,

of course you can.

For this i suggest you to create more visibility lineups.

In this way you can use multiple alternative that can be use in conjunction with others lineups view.

I suggest you to create an empty alternative for each lineups to "deactivate" that particular lineup when you will need it.

Here a video to clear it a little.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3
MarionLandry
in reply to: judyyu

Hi Judy,

You are correct, you will need a combination of Visibility and position alternative line-up. 

Each visibility line up can be a different model

EX:

Visibility alternative 1 = Model 1- Cabinet opening with door right and left + handle type 1

Visibility alternative 2 = Model 1- Cabinet opening with door right and left + handle type 2

Visibility alternative 3 = Model 2- Cabinet 2 doors horizontal opening to the top + handle type 1

Visibility alternative 4 = Model 2- Cabinet 2 doors horizontal opening to the top + handle type 2

You can create separate behavior to trigger the door opening, cross section with position alternative or additional visibility alternative showing the door open as shown in the video by Admaiora.

Let me know if you need more help.

Marion 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report