Learn More!
Discussion Groups

General

Contributor
liorman

Turntable and Keyframe behaviors - to the same object in the same time

57 Views, 4 Replies
12-27-2012 07:33 AM
Okay. I have experiment with behaviors in my scene. I can rotate the blades of a helicopter (using turntable pivot) and I can move an helicopter from one point to another (using keyframe behavior)) but I couldnt find a way to move my helicopter from one point to another with the blades rotating. Is their a way to do it? (without exportint to 3dS MAX and importing an animation?)
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
IanCox6747

Re: Turntable and Keyframe behaviors - to the same object in the same time

01-02-2013 04:44 AM in reply to: liorman
Try adding the turntable pivot and the keyframe animation to a storyboard slide.
They should work together and animate at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
wirefram3d

01-02-2013 06:15 AM in reply to: liorman
if i'm not wrong, another way to do that is to use the organizer to create nested groups.

for example, you can create a "rotor" group and a "helicopter" group containing both the fuselage and the "rotor" group.
now select the "rotor" group and create a behavior. animate the rotation and make the animation as long as the flight path requires.
now, using the organizer, select the helicopter group and add it to the same behavior created before.

animate the flight movement of the whole "helicopter" group and i think you're done :smileyvery-happy:

just for my own curiosity, are you working for an helicopter company or is just for fun? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
liorman

01-03-2013 08:22 AM in reply to: wirefram3d
Thank you guys.

I will check your suggestion as my Showcase is extremely busy with publishing a movie. Will let you know how it went.
cikho, I am not working for helicopter company :smileyhappy: I am working for an architecture firm and like to experiment with new software and options especially when it comes to super photorealistic scenes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
liorman

01-03-2013 08:57 AM in reply to: liorman

Please use plain text.