Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilting issue with imported animated cameras

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kurt_f
460 Views, 4 Replies

Tilting issue with imported animated cameras

Hi there, i created a animated target camera with the walkthrough assistant in 3DS Max Design 2014.
The animation works fine in 3DS Max but if i export the camera via FBX and import it in Showcase 2013, the camera behaves different as in 3DS Max:

The camera is tilting and doesn't stay horizontal.

Does anyone know how to avoid or correct this behavior of the camera?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarionLandry
in reply to: kurt_f

Hi,

as long as you are using the same unit scaling in both software, it should behave exactly the same. Are you using FBX 2013? 

Have a look at this video: 

http://youtu.be/jgbqv-untFg

http://youtu.be/1Sn04kILIsY?list=PLD6D46E8F19539A17

Message 3 of 5
kurt_f
in reply to: MarionLandry

Hi,

the units are the same in 3DS and Showcase. I've tried it with FBX format 2013 and 2014.
I think that Showcase doesn't import all of the camera data, contained in the FBX-File.

Message 4 of 5
MarionLandry

Showcase will support 3ds Max cameras as long as you are not using any modifier on it. It will not support extra modifier. Showcase will only support camera animation that are animated using simple Move, rotate, scale keyframe animation. If you are animating your camera constraint to a path in 3ds Max for example, it will not be supported by Showcase. Please use FBX 2013 version. 

Hope this helps. 

Marion

Message 5 of 5
KulasekaranK

Hi,.

I am replying this old post because if someone get the same problem this reply might help.

Today i had the same issue , the camera view tilted while importing the animation from Max to showcase in whatever FBX version. tried almost 2 hours.

finally i tried to insert a new spline (path) and new camera with the same positions, exported and imported into showcase and then the tilting problem solved.

I am very new user to 3ds max and showcase.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report