Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solid section views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bellehaven66
568 Views, 3 Replies

solid section views

Quick question about section cuts in Showcase. I'm using a model created in Inventor and want to generate some section cuts. In showcase, the cross sections just appear hollow and I need them to look like they are solid. I've looked through the help files in Showcase and wasn't able to come up with an answer. Any help on how to make this happen would be appreciated.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jesse_Newman
in reply to: bellehaven66

I have the exact same problem, and I've tried a few different render mode styles. I can't seem to get a sectioned material to look solid, like it does in the Showcase sample galleries. Please, does anyone have any insight?
Message 3 of 4
Jesse_Newman

I have attached two files, one clearly showing a solid model in Inventor, and another demonstrating that when it's imported into Showcase, the cylinder becomes hollow. This happens with more complex geometry as well. I've even tried exporting the Inventor .iam file into step and iges formats, and I'm getting the same issue. How do I create a solid cross section in Showcase? Am I importing incorrectly?

Message 4 of 4
msreckovic

Unfortunately, there is currently no "capping" for the cross sections in Showcase, nor a way to export the result of the cutting outside of Showcase.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report