Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase & Revit Clear glass

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Michie0206
608 Views, 2 Replies

Showcase & Revit Clear glass

Hi

I am no experienced Showcase user but started to use as my client demanding realistic walkthrough model like game software and Naviswoeks failed to satisfy his demand.  

I have loaded Revit model to Showcase to use walkthrough presentations.  Revit model clear glass material can't make real clear so I used Showcase Extended Materials Architectural glass which much realistic glass you can create.

However, when I update imported Revit model the glass couldn't  keep as the glass material is not specified in the Revit model.

Are there any way to use created own showcase material liberally to import Revit model material liberally?

Or can I use Showcase extended Materials to use Revit?

Thank you.

Michie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarionLandry
in reply to: Michie0206

HI,

it should automatically keep the new materials that you have applied in Showcase unless the Revit object have change family or type. 

YOu can choose to save your new and customized materials to a user defined material library for easy access. This might solve your challange. TO do so, please watch this video:

http://youtu.be/rT5LkAN050E

Good luck

Marion

Message 3 of 3
Michie0206
in reply to: MarionLandry

Dear Marion,

Thank you very much for your reply.

If the material or parts build in the Revit Project it works. But if the material build Revit family then imported Project then transfer to the showcase it never keep. For example:

Glazed partition, built in the Revit Project as a wall, showcase keep the applied material when I re-load Revit model.

but

Curtin walling glazing, glazed door and showcase furniture etc is back to the Autodesk to the original. It also has same problem for wall mounted signage and door handles.

Regards,

Michie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report