Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2014 & 2015 Constantly Crashes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CADUzer
1123 Views, 8 Replies

Showcase 2014 & 2015 Constantly Crashes

All,

Does Showcase have a file size limit? This seems like a half baked program. It has many nice features but they do not seem to work. Here are my issues

1) Display Driver Constantly crashes or BSOD my computer. I have crashed this program 100+ times in the last month. The files are about 75mb dwg. files

(I am using Quadro 4000 with the recommended driver from Autodesk Cert Hardware website)

2) The Colors & Materials that I applied in AutoCAD MEP do not show up in Showcase. All materials come out of the Autodesk Library.

3) When I go to publish images after creating multiple still shots I do not get rendered images of the still shots I selected. Instead of what you seeing the image in my created still shot I see a small zoomed in portion of the overall shot

4)Showcase shows solidworks as being a supported file type but I cannot open a SW 2013 file even when using showcase 2015. I am lucky if I can get the program to open half the files it is supposed to from other Autodesk products (dwg, rvt, etc)

5) I have sent over 100 crash reports to Autodesk and received no response

Thanks

Off topic: Is there a showcase 2015 professional? I cannot seem to find any info on Kiosk or multi-machine display

Computer: Intel x5680 @ 4 GHz 

24gb Ram

SSD Raid-0

Quadro 4000 w Autodesk driver

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: CADUzer

Hi Caduzer,

your Showcase softwares are updated with service packs?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
drp281
in reply to: admaiora

1. probably has nothing to do with Showcase

this is most likely a hardware problem did you capture the blue screen error code this will tell you what the problem is

showcase professional has been discontinued look at the Autodesk VRED products for the replacement software

Message 4 of 9

Maybe an hardware issue...
I'm using showcase 2014 and 2014 with larger files than 75mb...
Graphic driver blue screen often are hardware failure, but sometimes also drivers have bugs...
After Many tries I fount the Nvidia driver version 332.50 working very well. Other drivers, also the certifieds, make something strange... In showcase but also in autocad and inventor.
For the importing issue, have you checked the importing options before to import the models?

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
_DanSolo_

I am having frequent stability issuse with 2015 as well. I am hoping an update will correct this.

It has crashed 3 times tonight alone. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9

All,

Thanks for your replies. My softare is updated constantly using the Autodesk Application Manager. I use Inventor, Navisworks and AutoCAD MEP for 8hrs a day with no issues so I do not think it is a hardware issue.

C.Garimberti,

What types of files are you using that are greater than 75mb, are they .dwg file types? I am also not importing/exporting any files into

Showcase, I am just opening a .dwg file. Is there settings within showcase that need to be changed in order to open a standard .dwg? I also tried swithing to a realistic VP then saving the file before opening in showcase but that did not help either. It just comes in different shades of black.  

Thanks for your responses

Message 7 of 9
CADUzer

Update:

Found Multi-Machine Display in Showcase 2015

File>Settings>Multi-Machine Display

Any one have experience using Kiosk? Is it still available in 2015? Do you need to be a programer to get it to work?

Message 8 of 9

Hy, normally i work with Inventor files... so the file size is not comparable...

Once i'v e imported in showcase 5 autocad files each one of about 80mb. And showcase never crashes.

For color conversion you can check this:

1. when you import your dwg in showcase (showcase always import files, never open directly files from other softwares) you have a "options" button near the Open button. Check the settings.

2. Once imported, check the normals. if the normals of the model ar incorrect, all the colors will be showed dark grey. Watch the video for more informations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIrRIR4U4HI&list=PLD6D46E8F19539A17&index=32

Let me knows if this helps.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the info. I found the settings button that lets you select options for the importing of the file. It has the basic setings for letting you import 3D Models, accent lights, sections and materials, or any combination of them. My program was set to the default which brings in everything. I also checked out the video which seems really informative. I will take a look at that and other Autodesk videos and repost if I find a solution for my issue. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Last question for now, does anyone know why after making selections with the mouse pointer (to transform objects, etc) that at least 75% of the time you mouse pointer will not go back to normal after hitting Esc? It seems that Showcase always gets hung up in selection operations. I hit esc and my mouse pointer always stays at whatever I was doing last, like rotate, zoom, etc. I need the program to go back to the selection arrow and I keep getting stuck with what ever command I was using last. I usually need to tap both mouse buttons and esc at the same time to get the program to "wake up" and exit the last command. If it does not "wake up" at all, which happens frequently, I just restart the application. The instructions in the help menu say release the mouse button, which does not work. All my aother Autodesk programs work flawlessly. Any ideas?

Does not work.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report