Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Video

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
726 Views, 2 Replies

Saving Video

Hello,

I'm having issues saving videos with smooth gradients. I can't get it to save without a large amount of bands where it should be soft transitions, especially in the environment. I've tried saving with and without Raytrace with no luck. What's the deal?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarionLandry
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
I would like to know what kind of settings you are using for your export.
For example, the first image uses the default setting which will export your movie into an AVI with microsoft video 1 compression. I tried that setting and it gave me really poor resolution with gradient background as well.. If you need to use a AVI, I would click on the configure button and choose the uncompressed version. (image2) that will give you a really high quality movie but it will be quite heavy. If you are looking for a light video that will give you good quality, I would try MPEG-4 movie. These are really light and tend to give you nice quality. (image 3)

The two images are screengrab results from the two video. The first image is from the default AVI settings. Noticed I am also getting a crapy background and overall quality.
The second image if from the MPEG-4 video. Much nicer.. 🙂

Make sure you use Anti-aliasing to a High quality as well as this will help avoiding buzzing effect in your reflections and small details.
Hope that help! Please share the result with us once you figured it out!
Marion

Message 3 of 3
arquitt1995
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I have problems when I save a video as MPEG-4 movie in Showcase. This doesn't open in Windows Media Player.

When I save MPEG-4 movies in Movie Maker, I don't have this problem.

Can you please recomend a way how to save it properly for a light video and good quality?

Thanks,

Henry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report