Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save camera views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BarryZA
2758 Views, 3 Replies

save camera views

Greetings Showcasers! I'm a regular on the Inventor forum and I'm doing some renderings for the first time.

I have a 50ft yacht complete, inside and out. Inv assembly is running at over a 1 000 parts. In Inv I am used to working off 1 assembly containing all levels of detail etc.

I need to show the yacht in various interior and exterior states, from various angles and various section views.

At the moment I have derived my assembly in Inv into a multi-body solid, which is smoother to work with in Showcase.

I would like to do the following: (if possible)

Have 1 showcase file where I set my material appearances.

Send a set of images (hardware rendering) for approval. Including section views.

They come back to me, I tweak the shots and hit ray trace. then go for lunch.

So my question is, can I save camera views, some with parts hidden, some section views and come back to them later and carry on working on them?

From my brief Googling, it looks like storyboards are for animation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cikho
in reply to: BarryZA

basically slides are good for animations, yes, but actually they're good to recall presets..

for example, if you want to call a series of alternatives, 1 view you can do it in 1 click using slides.. without them you should have manually select everything..

so:

shots (T key on keyboard): are used to save camera positions (ctrl+T)

alternatives: are used to hide/unhide certain parts, create different color sets, hisde-unhide crossections, save different part position

cross section (X key): creates the section but does not have a function to trigger them, so you have to select the cross section grip (sectioning plane) and add it to an alternative lineup. and then create a second alternative in the same lineup with nothing into it.. this will be used to trigger the section.

slides (U): can be used to recall everything in just one click..

both slides and shots can be assigned to an hotkey 1-0 or alt+1-0 by right cliccking the icon and select assign hotkey.

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 4
BarryZA
in reply to: cikho

Many thanks, that sounds perfect.

I think between the slides and the alternatives I'll be able to set up what I need.

I work a lot in Inventor with the positional and levels of detail representations, the equivalent of the alternatives it looks like. So like you say, 1 file can be set up to show all your needed views instead of saving the poor file 10 times in 10 different states!

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
MarionLandry
in reply to: BarryZA

Yes definitly one file can be used. 

Keep in mind that SHowcase keeps an active link with Inventor. 

that mean that if the model changes in inventor, you can update it in Showcase whithout loosing the work you have done in SHowcase. 

Have a look at this video. 

Watch this video to help understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leWnF9xm6sE&feature=share&list=PLD6D46E8F19539A17&index=41

There is also a wealth of tips and tricks on my YouTube channel that you might help you along. 

Good luck

Marion

@landryMarion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report