Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with decals from inventor to showcase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TommasoSan
1426 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with decals from inventor to showcase

Hi,

i've this problem:

i made an inventor model with a decal applied. When i import this model in showcase the decal results wrong. You can see this in the photos.

i tried to apply the decals directly in showcase but i'm not able to make it good. 

Can you help me?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm not sure inventor decals ar converted in showcase.
But it showcase you can apply all the decals you need.
You can start with a default decal like "flame" from the showcase materials, and then change the image.
You can also follow this video for more infos,
http://youtu.be/_pPDhsO5WPc
Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

thank you! Also this tutorial is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhe_s0pgO6s

Message 4 of 5
datsunzcr
in reply to: TommasoSan

This isn't an answer to the problem. Where do the decals go when you import an inventor file to showcase??? I have like 6 decals on a surface in Inventor and POOF... gone in Showcase. I don't like working in Showcase and wish that Inventor's render engine actually rendered like Showcase. Showcase's interface sucks and it takes a ton of time to rework (i.e. getting the materials back on the surfaces properly and the like... and where in the heck did my screws go - never mind - fixed that - pack and go... really...). The decals come in without any of their correct sizes (as they are done in photoshop so that the label size is correct and fits the model) in Showcase if I import them one at a time and change everything around and lose everything about the label... all of this work DONE in Inventor and I can get a simple ray trace render with the labels... I need a nice render for a system manual... spent a week just getting nice photos out of the system and now I cannot get one with the label.

AutoDesk... shame on you. Been using your products since 1988 and I still have to REDO work. Give us a Ray Trace render engine in Inventor and get rid of all this happy horse crap... If you need Showcase... that is great, but Inventor should have this as a plug-in so that you don't have to keep importing and exporting and screwing around. The solid model is done... I just need a nice photo for the manual!!!!!

Message 5 of 5

Hi datsunzcr,

do you know that inventor already has a ray tracing engine for rendering? i don't remember in wich version was introduced but i think 2010 o 2011...

So you can render your model without conversion.

But don't think that ray tracing in inventor is faster than in showcase... and the quality that you can achieve in showcase is much higher than in inventor.

maybe for a system manual inventor rendering in enough.

But ... ok, Showcase is "dead". last released version is 2017. So try with rendernig direct in inventor or, if you want more, try VRed or 3DS max.

So, why you complain with Autodesk if you don't know exactly what you can do with your software?

Bye

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report