Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
konradl
2226 Views, 6 Replies

Oculus Rift

Will Autodesk support headtracking VR goggles like the Oculus Rift soon?

Would be a really awesome tool to showcase products using Oculus Rift together with Showcase or maybe even straight in Inventor/Revit etc.

// Konrad

Konrad Lindblad
Mechanical Engineering
Royal Institute of Technology
Sweden
Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cikho
in reply to: konradl

inb4 nobody in autodesk knows what the rift is

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 7
KWKnoll

I think there is some big opportunity for Autodesk to step-up and make and integration with the Oculus SDK. I would personal love to be able to bring something into Showcase, and author a file I could view with my Oculus Rift.

Autodesk just so you know the numbers. 60,000 SDK1 HMD’s were purchased world-wide, and another 25,000 orders (as of 4/1/14) for the newer SDK2. I don’t think this is a fade. I wonder how many Oculus rifts are in the halls of Autodesk. Jump into the game you have many owners of the Autodesk Building Design suite that would appreciate it.

Message 4 of 7
cikho
in reply to: KWKnoll

the problem with showcase is that they should actually write a more complex camera management system.. it should not be very difficult, expecially starting from the AR tool we tested last year... it would be really good to test!

Message 5 of 7
tincupp
in reply to: cikho

At Au2013, in the exhibit hall there was an automobile setup in Showcase that made use of the Rift.  So it may already be done.  The gentelman running it would/could not divulge on what was going on behind the scenes.  It seemed to be native to showcase but possibly they were using some sort of control porting + stereoscopic like vorpx...either way it was very convincing.

Message 6 of 7
mOculus

hey there 🙂

check out our Oculus Rift for Autodesk Maya Plugin

@

www.moculus.io

Message 7 of 7
cikho
in reply to: mOculus

unfortunately i don't use maya, and even more unfortunately, i don't have the rift 😛

but i like the TRIVIA page 😛

in any case, i don't even think the code can be rearranged for showcase if you ever thought about that.. it doesn't have any camera rotation control afaik, so it needs to have a part of code that somehow translate rotation information from the rift into camera and pivot coordinates..

meh..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report