Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models becoming invisible within a showcase scene for no reason

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
491 Views, 8 Replies

Models becoming invisible within a showcase scene for no reason

Hi there,

Have been racking my brains about this one for 2 days but still can't work out what is wrong! Someone has posted a similar problem but no solution has been found.

Basically I have an interior apartment scene with a number of Inventor models within it (furniture mostly). I rendered the scene overnight, then when it had finished in the morning, I saved the scene. When I re-opened the scene later in the day, half the models had disappeared!

HOWEVER, they still appear in the organiser as visible, and the transform grips still appear where the object should be. I've not got any alternatives set up, although I have tried selecting all models and adding them to one but it makes no difference. It had been suggested to open up the .a3s file in notepad and deleting any phrases reading "Patches_deleted" but this seemed to just delete more models.

Is there any way around this or will I have to re-import all the missing models? I'm still relatively a rookie on Showcase so I may have missed something.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, any round geometry has become weirdly distorted since this has happened. Its gone very sharp in places, see attached Jpeg

Message 3 of 9
admaiora

Hi Clarck,

try this:

rt.gif

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Hi admaiora,

Thanks but unfortunately that hasn't improved the quality at all 😞 appreciate the help though!

Message 5 of 9
admaiora

Can you attach the scene?

Admaiora
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Have tried to upload but even as a compressed zip but still 250mb so I can't upload 😞

Message 7 of 9
admaiora

Can you make a "sample scene", with just some problematic parts? It should be lighter

Admaiora

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for offering to help admaiora, really appreciate it but it doesn't matter, rather than going through all this hassle i've re-imported all missing models. Luckily showcase kept all the my original materials, so just had to assign them to newly imported models.

Only thing i'm having trouble with is the "bed" in my scene. Am trying to add a creased bump map (just to top surface) but when I select the surface I need as an object patch, it changes colour!? 

See attached photos, photo 1 is before patch is selected as a new object. photo 2 is after patch selection. For some reason it goes a shade of blue (no matter what material I have on it). 

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Never mind, have sorted it! Stupid rookie error (am still quite new to advanced features and trouble shooting). I hadn't set my interior lights on the patch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report