Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials will not transfer properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
llamas91
651 Views, 2 Replies

Materials will not transfer properly

So im useing Autodesk Product Design ultimate 2014.

I model everything in Inventor Professional, and have recently been using Showcase to do some quick "renderings" of the products, specifically spun aluminum fixtures.

The issues i primarily have is, any material i apply in Inventor does not trasnfer over to Showcase, i use the materials from Inventor Material library, which i imagine might be the problem.

However I also use an RAL color library for both generic and metalic colors. I have been using these alot lately. I can easily apply the RAL colors in Inventor but when i export the model to showcase using the built in feature inside Inventor, the model opens in Showcase with various shades of the grey. 

I attached a pic of one of the few times i got the colors to appear in showcase and after i initiated Ray Tracing.

My question is,

How can i ensure that the RAL colors i apply to the model in Inventor transfer over to Showcase?

Can i import Color libraries into Showcase, the file is .adsklib format.

Lastly can i import a specfic rendering setting that includes lighting an shadow settings into a new file that i open?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cikho
in reply to: llamas91

i'm not used to the inventor workflow, but, why can't you just sample the color froma ral to rgb converter:

http://www.ralcolor.com/

and set the proper look of the material instead?

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 3

For a correct translation of materials from inventor to showcase the best is to use the autodesk material library.

Inventor material is ok, but is not the same library present in showcase, so there is a conversion from the inventor color to showcase color. normally works fine, but somentimes dont.

If you use your custom color, such ral colors, maybe the conversion is not correct.

The best is to create your ral material library in showcase and after the import in showcase, use the "replace material" command in showcase.

Maybe in the net there is an already done showcase ral library.... adkslib from inventor is not ok.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report