Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to project texture pattern onto part?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
junkaphobia
601 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a way to project texture pattern onto part?

Hi There,

I am trying to create a brick wall amd wanted to know is there a way to project texture pattern onto part? 

I know about Appearance but I am not interested in appearance I actually need the part to be embossed by the texture. Is there any way to do this?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cikho
in reply to: junkaphobia

use any showcase material on the object and set a bump map, you will find the option at the bottom of the material properties window.

bump maps usually use the grey scale in order to define modifications on the surface's height, showcase instead uses RGB maps (or normal maps) which gives more accurate results (not going to be too much technical here).

therefore, you should probably test one of these

https://www.google.it/search?q=brick+normal+map&rlz=1C1EODB_enIT564IT564&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=939&sou...

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 5
junkaphobia
in reply to: cikho

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to be sure, I am trying to create this part so our factory will be able to use the texture in the injection mold process so this will actually imprint the texture into the part or is the bump map  just for rendering?

Message 4 of 5
cikho
in reply to: junkaphobia

in showcase it's just render, in 3ds max there's a modificator that does that thing, called displace mesh.

this should be a proper tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsT7mGHlX4w

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 5 of 5
junkaphobia
in reply to: cikho

Thank you my friend I will give it a try!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report