Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to Showcase Imported Material Scaling Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gree0099
999 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor to Showcase Imported Material Scaling Problem

Hi all,

I'm a bit frustrated with showcase.  I've been trying to find a work around for this glitch all day.  

I'm having a problem when showcase imports an inventor .ipt with small fillets (or small round details of any kind).  

Please see the attached image.  The 2 screen grabs are of the exact same model with the exact same materials.  The only difference between them is a 1/8" fillet that I applied to the edges of the table top and legs.  For some reason this affects the scale of the texture image.  Note in filleted pic the support under the table top doesn't have this problem.  this is because that body wasn't filleted.  

Some background:

- I tried all of the different "Import Status - Conversion settings" none change this glitch.

- This happens for custom materials and materials from the "Autodesk material library"

- A fillet isn't the only thing that causes it.  It apears to be any small rounded features.

- It appears that showcase might rescale materials from inventor based on the size of faces.

- Changing the method of texture mapping (automatic/box/planar/etc...) in Inventor has no effect.

- I've troubleshot both "generic" & "wood" based custom inventor textures.  Both have the glitch.

- The scale is only messed up on bodies with small curve details, and not the whole model.

- when screwed up, the showcase material properties window still indicates the same scale as the original inventor material.  It is only the appearance that is changed. 

- I'm using fully updated 2014 versions of both Inventor and Showcase.  I also have a pretty fast computer.

To be clear, I know i can fix this manually in showcase, but I'm trying to develop a work flow that will be used hundreds of times, so it's important that the linked materials from inventor function correctly, and there aren't to many extra steps. 

Thanks for your help!

let me know if you have any other questions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gree0099
in reply to: gree0099

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report