Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing *.step file from pro-e to showcase

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1440 Views, 6 Replies

Importing *.step file from pro-e to showcase

Dear all,

I just first time install autodesk showcase 2015 on windows 8.1. I would like to import file from Pro-E wildfire 4.0 but i can not suceed with importing any kind of file from pro-e. In all types which I tried, the message apear "conversion status - fail". I try *.igs,*.step, *.prt, *.asm files and still nothing (even with very simple geometry). Is it possible to import file to Autodesk Showcase 2015 from Pro-e Wildfire 4.0 ? Anyone have such experience?

Thanks for support

Philip

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Might be a silly question, but have you tried opening the exported files in WF4.0 to see if they contain the geometry you wanted to export?

I only ask as I have had the case where even with a non zero-sized file exported form WF/Creo, I have had nothing imported to Showcase... when i check in CREO the STEP file contains nothing... (might find that almost the whole model is made up of excluded surfaces in Data doctor...). Doesnt happen often, but sometimes when working with already imported geometry in Creo, things get a little crazy.

It could be that your config.pro, or your export settings are causing trouble. If your geometry is entirely solids, then make sure you only have solids checked when exporting, and the same goes for surfaces, ie, only surfaces...

can't be sure it will help, but you never know...

To be honest, i dont bother with using direct pro/e or creo files in showcase, and always export to Step. As the file version/iteration changes (1,2,3,4 etc...)in creo, Showcase frequently doesnt work out what is going on. Also, by being able to only select solids or surfaces with STP export, I'm able to cheat a lot with my modelling (for visuals hehe), and avoid having all sorts of weird normals due to construction geometry...

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the fast reply,

I checked the *.step file which I exported and it opening propoerly in pro-e. I add in the attachment the exported very simple geometry from pro-e (exported as a solid). Showcase still fails to import this. I was not able to import any CAD geometry properly till now. Is some pre-settings in showcase required to import the CAD model? 

Message 4 of 7
Christian_Garimberti

Maybe you have a wrong installation....

Cattura.PNG

this is your file imported in showcase 2015 om my pc.

Try to uninstall and then reinstall showcase.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Christian_Garimberti

Thank you, I will definietely, do it. Now I know that there is problem with my instalation not with the file. 

Message 6 of 7
Christian_Garimberti

before unisnstall and reinstall you can try to "repair" the installation from control panel.

and you can also check showcase log files. maybe the error expalined there...

in windows explorer type %TEMP% and searc for files named Showcase 2015Log

open the files with notepad.

bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Christian_Garimberti

I've checked. Reinstalation helped. Now it's working fine. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report