Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Constraints issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jagan.srvm
499 Views, 5 Replies

Importing Constraints issue

Hi all,

I am importing set of constraints from Model into showcase. It works fine. But, i want few things to be done with constraints. Is it possible to stop the constraint animation in process and run the other constraints ?

Also, i am experiencing some problems in animation. All constraints are interrelated. One component moves with another component and then moved component rotate with respect to another axis due to another constraints.

Now, whenever i am running these animations. Components moved to initial position before it moves due to another constraints.

Please advise me for above mentioned problems.

Thank you for the help and time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
admaiora
in reply to: jagan.srvm

Hi Jagan,

"I am importing set of constraints from Model into showcase. It works fine. But, i want few things to be done with constraints. Is it possible to stop the constraint animation in process and run the other constraints ?"

Yes it is. After importing the Inventor constraints you will have all the behavior related in Showcase.

You will have only to insert them in the storyboard as normal behaviors.

But , attention, you can do it only if those behaviors are not linked /relatem between them, otherwise you will experiment a deconstrution of your model.

If you have and want multi-movements constraints showcase model  you will have to face it directly in Inventor.

You will have to link with formulas all the constraints involved to simulate your multi sequence actions and control all the animated constraint with  a main driving constraint.

When you will success in this you can import that constraint in Showcase.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
jagan.srvm
in reply to: admaiora

Thanks for your reply. I have made constraints in top assembly and made videos for each constraints. Later, i planned to do editing in Video editing software.

Now, i am experiencing another issue. After i import the model in showcase with constraints. It forms behaviors in showcase. But, if i changed the orientation in showcase, then constraints or behaviors doesn't change its orientation. Because of it, Constraints animation axis are wrong.

Is there any way to change the behaviors orientation along with model orientation ? Please advise me.
Message 4 of 6
admaiora

Hello Jagan,

i think this video i made should help you in your intent.

Admaiora
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
jagan.srvm
in reply to: admaiora

No. Still, Behaviors axis doesn't change with scene orientation. Could you please try nd let me know ur idea ? Behaviors works but it works in different axis or orientation.
Message 6 of 6
admaiora

If your behaviors are ok, trying to rotate the scene you will use the way i have posted you will have no problem.

You don't have to rotate, scale, or moving your model if your model contains behavhiors from Inventor constraints.

You have to move/rotate the orientation of the space.

Admaiora

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report