Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with best workflow Inventor to Showcase

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
martin_akerman
640 Views, 2 Replies

Help with best workflow Inventor to Showcase

Hi!

We are currently working in Inventor 2011 but on the way over to 2015. In preparation for the upgrade I am investigating the best way to work within the APDS.

Part of the work concerns visualization.

We need shaded, not realistic, "color coded" images for our manufacture instructions. All screws should be cyan, all rivets red, sheet metal part gray and so on. The images will be taken from Inventor

At the same time, from the same models but exported to Showcase, we would like rendered realistic images for marketing material etc.

Ideally I would like these two appearances to co-exist within the same physical material but as far as I can see that is not possible. Correct?

If it's not possible what would be the best solution in your opinion?

/Martin

Attached file of color coded picture

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

"We need shaded, not realistic, "color coded" images for our manufacture instructions. All screws should be cyan, all rivets red, sheet metal part gray and so on. The images will be taken from Inventor"

For do this inventor is enough, with presentation file (ipn) yuo have all you need.

"At the same time, from the same models but exported to Showcase, we would like rendered realistic images for marketing material etc."

This is Showcase work.

For the twoo works you can start from the same assembly in Inventor. You certainly know that in inventor you can create different view representation.

In your assy you can leave the default representation with the real color of the objects, and then, create a new view rep. In this new rep. you can change the color of the objects (following your color codes).

Then, when you have to do the ipn presentation in inventor you'll use the "color coded" representation. When you have to do a realistic image in showcase, you'll use the default view, with original colors. Showcase will keep you colors after the translation. In Inventor 2015 you'll use the suite workflows to send your model to Showcase.

Hope this helps you.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

View reps...

Why didn't I think of that? Smiley Very Happy

Seem like it's time for me to say by to my work and hello to the weekend!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report