Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX import hangs on Showcase 2015

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Melissa.Stewart
718 Views, 9 Replies

FBX import hangs on Showcase 2015

Think we will ever get some actual updates for the documentation for showcase. I have to keep my own evernote of what works to share with people because the helps is from (in some cases) 2012. 

FBX import  seems to hang for ever and never import in showcase 2015. Not sure if its the file or the settings i'm using.

Don't have a problem with the fbx it opens fine in Max Design. It's a revit fbx imported into Max Design so that i can combine materials, then exported as a 3D Max Fbx with Binary and using the 2013 exporters. I have tried the 2014 exporters with the same results

FBX is only 50 MB. I went to check the help just to "cross my i's and dot my t's" and i was dissapointed in the documentation. 

Any ideas?

2015-01-20_9-58-56.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cikho
in reply to: Melissa.Stewart

me too had some fbx exported from max that took ages to load in showcase.. di you try to leave the pc on and do a 24 hours conversion run? 😛

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 10
Melissa.Stewart
in reply to: cikho

That seems unacceptable for a 50MB file -- for a 500MB maybe. But it sets a dangerous precedent. so if 50MB=24 hours what does a 200MB file equal?

There has to be something else going on. 

Message 4 of 10

I've loaded a 700mb animated fbx (2013) file from 3dsmax into showcase 2015, so i don't think it is a showcase problem.
Maybe some Color, texture or geometry that showcase doesn't import...
Could you post the fbx file so we can test it?

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

no problem i can post both the native export out of Revit and the one combined by material version in Max. They are posted on google drive: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Z_ykfZRkCOflpZVjZGN0dFbkFDM1BNcm9TalJlb2FFZ1l4V0s3UjUtVUNY...

Thank you!

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

i loaded the 50mb fbx file fine in showcase 2015 it took like 5 minutes if that

importing the 350mb fbx into showcase now

after 20min it is still importing

does this eventually import or do you stop it after a certain amount of time?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Melissa.Stewart
in reply to: DarrenP

Ugh. Then it has to be something on my end. It has never imported on my machine. A new computer is supposed to work better! Time for a good ole fashioned reinstall.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

This e-mail message from CADD Microsystems, Inc. contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION for the use ONLY of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 703-719-0500.
Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

which file isn't importing the 50mb file or the 350mb file or both?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
DarrenP

here is the 50mb fbx file saved as a .a3s file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9777150/challengemodel2015.zip

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Melissa.Stewart

Thank you! It was definitely the reinstall that finally did the trick!

This e-mail message from CADD Microsystems, Inc. contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION for the use ONLY of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 703-719-0500.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report