Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating Combined Objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Christian_Garimberti
1059 Views, 3 Replies

Duplicating Combined Objects

Anyone have this bug?

Someone know how to acoid this?

Duplicating Combined Objects results in disappearing object after reopening the scene.

All the add-ins disabled....

1. open the scene and group some objects

Cattura1.PNG

2. duplicate grouped objects, saveas, close and reopen the scene end everything is OK

Cattura2.PNG

3. reopen the sample image to start with the original scene. group the objects and then combine the group.

Cattura3.PNG

4. duplicate combined object.

Cattura4.PNG

5. saveas, close and reopen the scene. the duplicate object are disappeared.

Cattura5.PNG

Attached a small scene to test.

Thanks

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Christian,

you are totally right.

Using the Combine tool you can incur in some limitations with some Showcase features (alternatives, duplications, behaviors, etc)

It's substantially a problem with recreation and management of the combined tasselled  geometry, what you have to do just previously consider if you are in the final stage of your scene; quoting from the Help  "combining should be done only if you are sure that nothing else is going to change in the geometry".

So...no clean solutions, just to turn around the issue you could duplicate as many times you need, then, finally, you could group and combine each of the groups.

Not sure if it will actually helps you..

Have  a nice day!

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cikho
in reply to: admaiora

missing objects happens a lot of times, and in various situations, for example, yesterday my boss was preparing a scene for a customer on his laptopt, on my Workstation everything worked perfectly, but the laptop had object missing.. i just abjusted the general quality setup a little bit and the objects reapeared, but having the problem 30 mins before he left to go abroad was total panic..

meh, beloved behated showcase 😐

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 4 of 4

... TO BE OR NOT TO BE ...

Sometimes, it is better to combine objects before to apply materials. This especially if model came from inventor. For example, a bolt from inventor (with only 1 mayterial end the texture for the Thread) sometimes is converted in too many subobjects.

So, before to apply the correct material in showcase, i combine the bolt (supposing not to wont to keep the thread....), so i have to do only one click to select the bolt and apply the material, instead to do a right mous button, select the father object ...

This is a better situation to manage, easiest and lighter...

But if i duplicate this bolt the bolt disappear!!!!

so...

To work in well-ordered metod (but without duplicate objects) or leave the objects as they are (but duplicating objects) ?????

Sometimes i create a master scene, combine objects, apply materials, export to fbx....

And then import the fbx. So i can duplicate it....

But is a poor workaround....

Hope autodesk can correct this bug....

Thanks an Bye everyone. 

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report