Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save an old 2013 file with Showcase 2014

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
miQlo
3415 Views, 20 Replies

Can't save an old 2013 file with Showcase 2014

I opened up a file saved from Showcase 2013 SP4 64bit, when I try to save it as a new file in Showcase 2014 64bit I get this error message "The scene C:\file.a3s could not be saved: u'\xc3'." An empty folder is created but no a3s file. Any ideas?

I'm running an unregistered version at the moment, I haven't got my licence key yet if that matters.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
hanson.alex
in reply to: pontuti11

Please know, this error seems to also occur with a period in the file name, for which the patch does not fix.

Some where along the workflow (while in Inventor) I tried save as -> filename.png. This instead produced the file filename.png.iam. I decided to use this as a testing file in Inventor. When importing this file into showcase, the positional representations were all messed up much like:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Issue-with-importing-positional-representations/td-p/4289368

Again, the hotfix did not fix this, I had to rename the file, removing the .png. I know this is an odd case but because Inventor allowed the file name to exist showcase should be able to handle it, otherwise its a break in the workflow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report