Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Showcase do what I want?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamesNordgren
765 Views, 3 Replies

Can Showcase do what I want?

Hello,

I am brand new to Showcase and in kind of a hurry, so forgive my ignorance on the product.

I am an experienced Inventor user, and can get around in Studio pretty well.  I am working on creating a video for marketing which requires animating components in an assembly.

I am ADN member, so awhile back I had downloaded Showcase and some other "Artsy" autodesk products just for fun.  I was AMAZED however when I opened showcase and loaded my assembly model from Inventor.  The quality and speed of the renderings is orders of magnitude better than anything Inventor studio can do.  Within 5 minutes I had a beautifully rendered MPEG from the default "Shots" that would have taken studio hours to render.

But the problem is that there doesnt sem to be any way to animate any part of the models?  Am I missing something, or can showcase only "move the camera around a model"?

Is there a different product I should try?  I have what I want set up in Inv studio, but it will take probably 30-40 hours to render, and even then the quality is not even close.

Any suggestion at all will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: JamesNordgren

showcase can do that

marion has some some videos on her youtube channel

like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM3gh_08M9I

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Also Showcase "Hot To Movies" on Autodesk website can help you to learn how to use showcase.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/showcase/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/f...

bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thank you (and DarrenP) for the response.  Those really are some nice training materials.

After an hour  or so, I had this thing all figured out.  Showcase is AWESOME!   So fast and easy! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report