Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Augmented Reality Add-on for Showcase Now Available on Autodesk Labs

84 REPLIES 84
SOLVED
Message 1 of 85
scott.sheppard
14768 Views, 84 Replies

Augmented Reality Add-on for Showcase Now Available on Autodesk Labs

We have a free technology preview on Autodesk Labs for augmented reality for Showcase:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/showcase_ar

We are interested in your feedback on the desirability of such an add-on as well as commentary in whether or not you found it easy to use. You can reply on this thread.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
84 REPLIES 84
Message 41 of 85
arqyt
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hello, I´ve just installed the new version of AR on showcase SP4 and again I have problems. I have reviewed the manual installation, but nothing. I uninstalled previous AR, also showcase, reinstalled clean .... but nothing. I have reviewed the load of "add-in manager" but "Failed, will retry on restart". I located the PYO file and a is convenient and localized.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance
Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 42 of 85

I installed the AR plug in just last week 01.02.2013 set up my model and code as followed through various youtube tutorials and got an error telling me my plugin was out of date.

I unistalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. Has anyone else has this problems ? Labs tells me the plug in is available until april.

Jeames Hanley
Message 43 of 85

Hi there,
I’ve installed this product before the Christmas time which was fine. Love the plugin. Came across an issue though, when using the AR plugin I have found that it was out of date. I uninstalled and then reinstalled using a new download from your link. Opened up my Showcase 2013 but couldn’t find the plugin?

Help!

Máire Scanlon
Message 44 of 85
mairescanlon
in reply to: mairescanlon

oops! just realized others experiancing the same problem! 😕
Message 45 of 85

Are you using SP4? Based on what I have heard from other users:

a. You need to upgrade to SP4 before installing the plugin. One user upgraded to SP4 after installing augmented reality, and the plugin did not work.
c. Another user was on SP5, and the plugin did not work for him either.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 46 of 85

Hi Scott.

First, congratulations on this development. I find it very interesting and it can bring to Showcase (already impressive) New and modern ways of presenting projects.

The company to which I belong (2aCAD Global Group) is Partnert Gold and ADN in Spain.

We have customers that have already shown interest in the technology of Augmented Reality. Yesterday a customer called us because he had seen some videos on Youtube and wanted to know if we could show. So I made a presentation and Augmented Reality Showcase (I've been testing this technology since it went on Autodesk Labs) I have Showcase Professional SP4 and works perfect with the Augmented Reality AddIn.

Our customers are so enthusiastic about the presentation (I asked some of those manufacturing models for presentation at Showcase, and prepared an impressive demo with them)

They want to integrate Augmented Reality Showcase and in their selling processes, design, training, etc.. And they want to involve us with them on a project that will be developed during the year 2013.

I indicated that the AddIn is in beta and will end on 30/04/2013. And my concern is to know if finally Augmented Reality Showcase will join and when.

I would like to know if you can give me some information about its continuity, type of distributions

We would like to be involved in the project with this company (work worldwide) But we can not guarantee continuity or dates for final integration Showcase / Augmented Reality.

I would like to know if you can give me some information about its continuity, distribution type (With Showcase, installer separate continuity this year, expected version Showcase, etc..)

I appreciate any information that could help us consolidate and offer this service to our customers. That will also help more licenses we implant Showcase
Message 47 of 85
fafet

Hi, about to try the AR plug-in for showcase but not possible to get it to the menu even using the administrator acccount. Here is a snap of my version of Showcase 2013. Is it what you call the SP4 version? Thanks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/gantelet?fbc=661

Message 48 of 85
13heckj

I am a high school student at Columbus North High School. I have looked into using this plug-in and think it would be a great tool, however i am experiencing difficulty installing, even after trying to do it manually. Do you have any tips?
Message 49 of 85
13heckj

I am a high school student at Columbus North High School. I have attempted to instll this ar plugin for showcase several times now and each time I have had the same result, failed, will retry on start.
Message 50 of 85
arqyt

Hello, I'm trying to squeeze this great tool resources AR. I´ve find some troubles that I would like to share to see if it can be resolved.

I have a model from which I link different parts of it to several markets, and it follows that:

- All markets fit a single location, can not seem to reposition the market to different areas of the model. It is a major problem

- It does not seem you can rescale each market separately, to suit the different scales of visualization features.

When finished I'll post the outcome, this being fun.
regards
Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 51 of 85
scott.sheppard
in reply to: arqyt

We look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 52 of 85
arqyt

Hello, in line with what I said yesterday and I bring other considerations add images
  In the model there are two elements (images 1 and 2). You can see the transformation/scale = 1

When I associate a market to an object, this is scaled (images 3 and 4). Scale = 0.003 for the associate object
When other market association to another object, this also is rescaled but with a different value (Fig. 5). Scale = 0.012

Can someone explain this phenomenon. I need to understand for the presentation of this project.

Thanks

Jose M Carralero.
ArqyT
Message 53 of 85

The technology preview ceased operation on April 30. I have retired it from Autodesk Labs.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 54 of 85

So, will it be revived as a integrated product/plugin or just die?
Message 55 of 85
chrisspr

I would really like the opportunity to use this plug-in.

Does the installation file for this plug-in still exist somewhere?
Message 56 of 85

Even if you found the old installer, the code had a time-bomb built-in so it would not run.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 57 of 85

Hello,
What's new about this plug-in ? Can we test it again ?
Thanks
Message 58 of 85

HI, 

the AR plugin test trial is now closed. 

thanks

Message 59 of 85
albertuschw
in reply to: MarionLandry

when autodesk released it again???... i need it very much for my graduation material, hope autodesk can help...

Message 60 of 85

Please email scott.sheppard@autodesk.com with your specific plans.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report