Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dx Max Design or Maya for animation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
orujeks1
741 Views, 2 Replies

3dx Max Design or Maya for animation

I want to re-create an animation of a mono pump earlier created in showcase. -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDxnopry44&index=9&list=UUuN4dXvEozqzNwDXtUS5qAA

Unlike that of Showcase, I intend to include to the pump mechanism, visible fluid (water) flow from the pump cylinder assembly through the sprout into a container.

I wish to know which is better for this job, 3ds max or Maya?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cikho
in reply to: orujeks1

the problem is not the software but the plugin i think, which is needed to animate/calculate the fluid movements.

most of the plugins are under paymenbt (high payment), but maybe you can find one in trial or sort of.

the best of the best should be realfow, i think it works for max and for maya..

but maybe it's better to ask in the 3ds max forum honestly..

or you can check blender, which is basically a free opensource version of max..

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 3
MarionLandry
in reply to: orujeks1

Hi,

I think the best software would be the one you know best! If you are not familiar with either, I think 3ds Max Design is an easier learning curve. I would look online to see what others have done before you to get some inspiration. There are multiple ways to create water in 3ds Max design from animated object, modifiers and/or particles. YOu don't necesarly need to use a plug in as you should find tools in 3ds Max Design that should give you what you are looking for. You will need to investigate online a bit to view examples and tutorials. 

Asking the 3ds Max Forum would be a great start!

Marion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report