Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mm cylinder rendering bug

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
analyst303
734 Views, 4 Replies

1mm cylinder rendering bug

Hi all,

I'm breaking my head for 2 days now, trying to figure out the problem with no luck.

I found when i'm trying to render 1mm cylinder or smaller, the shape is changing from Cylinder to Square after i'm changing to "Ray tracing", and after turning the "Ray tracing" off, I still gets the square shape instead of the cylinder.

I checked that on 2 different systems with showcase 2014, and both of them had the same bug.

even when i'm trying to render new file with only the 1mm cylinder by it self i get the same bug.

also, if i have a 10mm square cube with a 1mm circle that i cut extruded inside for 2mm, then i'll have the same bug with the cut extruded cylinder/circle.

another thing i noticed is when i'm playing with the "Automatic quality control" in the "Ray tracing control panel" while not rendering with "Ray tracing", i'm getting back the original cylinder shape, but when i'm changing back to "Ray tracing", i get back the square part.

Any idea what it can be or how i can solve this thing ???

i'm using showcase 2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
analyst303
in reply to: analyst303

anyone please ?
Message 3 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: analyst303

Hi Analyst,

it's not a  bug.

You have just to adjust the tessellation of the Level of detail (LOD) adequate to your scene.

LOD Small details create a level of detail optimized for small parts , as your 1 mm diameter cylinder is.

xw.gif

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
analyst909
in reply to: admaiora

Hi admaiora,

Many many many thanks for the help !
it works perfect now.
Message 5 of 5
MarionLandry
in reply to: analyst909

HI,

YOu can also have a look at this video. 

http://youtu.be/ea-nGZDP4Cs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report