Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character Voice ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
386 Views, 5 Replies

character Voice ?

I have quite few characters i need to apply voices to but i struggle doing it by my self because i cant speak for all of them with my voice.
There can be creatures and men and women, what do you guys use to generate voices (if you use anything other then real people).

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Get your friends and Family to help. It helps you get the characters to come to life, and you don't have to pay them. If you have children characters try to get real children to do the voices, it sounds more believable. Plus it is really fun, to cast your friends in stuff you make.
Message 3 of 6
samab

I think everyone does use real people (unless you want it to sound like Stephen Hawkins). You can of course use digital filtering effects on recorded voices for certian effects like monsters etc... I expect the usual way is to hire voice-over artists/actors to provide voices for characters, that's what we do for animations (video, not games). A talented VO will be able to put on an array of character voices. You can find them through agencies you can find on the web. But it will cost you, the previous answer sounds much cheaper and more fun.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks
I just thought that maybe there was some application that would eliminate the need for other people.
Oh well
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Morphvox Pro can help you with what you need. www.screamingbee.com
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

However, if you go with the Morphvox Pro software approach, what you're really have is one guy doing the voices of so many different people. So, it'd still be your voice but you might be able to morph your voice enough to where no one will notice this.

Another approach is computer-generated voices. Some of the really good ones do sound alot like a real person but there's still probably some instances where you could tell that it's not a real person.

Either way, both are going to cost you money. You might be better off hiring voice actors who might be willing to work for much less than what these software cost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report