Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will the create Drawing also have GD&T symbols?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JonSchaeffer
585 Views, 4 Replies

will the create Drawing also have GD&T symbols?

I am wondering if the DWG side of the software will do GD&T symbols, Like feature boxes, True position, stuff like that.

-Jon

www.genesisprecisionaz.com
info@genesisprecisionaz.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Jon,

The Drawings Technology Preview of Fusion 360 does not currently have the feature set to support GD&T, however we are actively working on developing out the drawings workspace and maturing the feature set. Tolerances/GD&T are definitely on the roadmap for us to tackle, so stay tuned. 

What kinds of geometry/models are you looking to make drawings of?

-Timera

Message 3 of 5

Hi Timera,

I am a machinist that has purchased the software "myself" I want to use it as a tool to assist the machine shop where I work.

Currently right now I am looking to use it for modeling up fixture designs, make prints and program if nesessary. (3 axis mill)

The other key function I want this to do, is to make MOT's (blue prints of the actual dimentions at the time of operation.) without all the other final dimentions from the final print that may not be needed till the end of the job.

This is where the GD&T and tollerance limits would be a great feature to help keep prints clutter free.

I am learning some work arounds to still keep it clear and to the point and keep the part design intent still intact.

This is one of our shops biggest issues is the time spent with the machinist decifering what is needed after they set up a job, then they get supervisers involved to verify what they think is right... Then the process starts all over again when the part goes to get a first artical inspection.

So things like a feature frame box that can have GD&T symbols to put in it with tolerances.

Origin's for ordinate demntioning and Datum symbols.

We use FLATNESS, PARALELL, PERPENDICULAR, PROFILE, ROUNDNESS, CONCENTRICITY, TRUE POSITION, DEPTH SYMBOL, COUNTERBORE OR COUNTERSINK SYBOLS, 

Things of that nature.

Looking forward to the new next steps!

-Jon

www.genesisprecisionaz.com
info@genesisprecisionaz.com
Message 4 of 5

I will add my support for rapid inclusion of ANSI Y14.5 GD&T symbols. In my estimation, this is a critical feature set for day-to-day usage of this software in any sort of industrial design or manufacturing environment. Thanks --

Message 5 of 5

Thanks so much for the detail Jon, I will pass this along to the rest of the product team as a reference when we get to GD&T - we really appreciate the feedback!

-Timera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report