Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my legacy Move tools????

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Dunndor
1060 Views, 24 Replies

Where are my legacy Move tools????

I reallly hope you guys set up legacy tools cause this ruined the whole workflow of this program. 

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
reeses
in reply to: Dunndor

Hi Dunndor,

Can you say more about what you mean by legacy move tools? Are you referring to the move command in the data pane or an action you can invoke from an item in the data pane? 

Thanks,
Scott

Message 3 of 25
Dunndor
in reply to: reeses

no in my workspace if there is a body i was use to be able to slect the body by hovering over the edge of it now i have to weed through extra buttons each and every time i want to move a body. It immediatley assumes i want to select a face and then i have to deselct the option for body. This is soo unnecessary and I just want to know where the old selection methods are and how to activate them. Pretty much before this update.

Message 4 of 25
KirillChepizhko

I second that, at the moment there is no way to select a body in the scene other that from a browser tree. This slows me down a lot.
Message 5 of 25
reeses
in reply to: KirillChepizhko

Thanks for the screenshot, that was very helpful. Let me ask someone from the Fusion team to jump in and help.

Look for a response shortly.

Scott

Message 6 of 25
Dunndor
in reply to: reeses

Thanks for responding so quickly. I and others have been experimenting with this program possibly bridging tools with concept artists and create new and different workflows. So this move situation is kinda paramount to the speed of selection of objects slightly hidden inside actual bodies and out.

Message 7 of 25
schneik-adsk

I am not sure what has changed in your workflow?

Looking at Fusion 360, I see the following

Start move command.

Body is the default mode

Select a body and move it.

Can you describe more about what is different for you?

Kevin Schneider
Message 8 of 25
Dunndor
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I am sure you have noticed by now you Cannot hover select bodies anymore without going through multiple clicks?

Message 9 of 25

If you press and hold over any face, the select other tool appears. You can select the body from the parents tab.
OR
From the select tool panel in the tool bar you can edit your select filter to be set to bodies only if you are doing a lot of body selecting work.
OR
You can start the command and if bodies are a valid input you should be able to hover over the body and select it quickly.
Kevin Schneider
Message 10 of 25

As you can see on the attached image, hovering like that would select the whole body in previous versions, in the current one its not doint it. There is no other way to select a body other that click it in the browser

Message 11 of 25

From the image it is hard to tell if you are in the move command or not. Can you clarify if you are.

I can say that if you are not in a command, the default select behavior has not changed in the update from this morning.
Kevin Schneider
Message 12 of 25

im sure you are talking about this option right here http://i.imgur.com/6331s7i.png. But what happened to hovering over the top edge of the body ? why did you decide to get rid of that option ?

ps. That used to happen outside of the move tool. Just like in my previous screenshot

Message 13 of 25
Dunndor
in reply to: KirillChepizhko

Right. I need to access to all of them at once without selction any extra menu selction for  bodies , edges, faces is really convoluted and slows the selection process down immensely. Also if this menu system were implimented, why choose faces as first option and not bodies? I dont have time to root through my browser looking for a little bolt. If i see it i should be able to hover over and select it. not go rooting through more menus.

Message 14 of 25

Hmmm. We did not decide to get rid of an option. Honestly I'm quite confused how that was happening as you described. The select tools did not change in this recent update and I can't replicate your described behavior. You can double click an edge of a face to select the component.
Kevin Schneider
Message 15 of 25
Dunndor
in reply to: schneik-adsk

You say that you didnt but if I had access to the previous version I would be able to show you its pretty apparent. im not the only one and i know a few others that would agree with me. EDit: as a matter of fact i do have proof. I have tuts i have been recording in the previous release. Give me a min to get it to you. EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFu2wBwR0A&list=UUUuRpjh6qvpJFOz-FTE_qrQ

Message 16 of 25

I think the devs should be able to replicate the behaviour in the previous version. This is how it used to be:  you could hover over a face and click it and select it. but you could also hover over the top or the lateral edge of the body and it would highlight the whole body opposed to just an edge or just a face. and when you clicked that - you had a whole body selected. 

Message 17 of 25

Hi Guys,

I'm going to move this thread to the Fusion 360 boards so that other Fusion people can jump in if needed.

Thanks

Hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 18 of 25

The previous version would select the edge when hovering and clicking on an edge while the "select" command is enabled, unless you change the selection filter to not include edges. There is no change there. Perhaps you had your selection filter set to not include edges? If so and if the update reset the filter, that was unfortunate. You can set it again here:

There is another shortcut to selecting a body without changing the filter: double-click anywhere on a body face, edge, vertex. [Edit] this selects a component now!

The move command is not involved here because it is not running yet. You can run the Move command first and then select the edge to select the body, if the "Object" is set to "Bodies, Sketches...". The Move command knows it cannot move edges, so it assumes you mean the body.

[Edited] Also, if you select the edge and run the Move command, the body will become selected. The command converts the selection because it cannot move the edge. The Move command has some changes. There is more consistent use of snapping to place the triad manipulators. There is the point-to-point move mode. These changes should not affect the ease of selecting a body from the view.

I hope that helps!

Message 19 of 25
kgrunawalt

Hi, I made a reply on this thread to a different user, so I'm not sure if you'll be automatically notified. Please take a look.
Message 20 of 25
deyop
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

I still need to get the previous release loaded to confirm the original behavior.  I am remembering that a double click of an edge would select at the body level which would then be input to the Move command.  With the new release selecting an edge will indicate a body select (no double click) to the Move command.  This should maintain your workflow however it has changed from a double click to a single click.  Now to move a body in the workspace select a single edge and launch Move.  

Does this support the way you want to work?  Let us know if this is working.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report