Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teen Maker Space and Licensing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
blackpuma
900 Views, 4 Replies

Teen Maker Space and Licensing

I'm the coördinator for a small local maker space for teenagers. We've been exited about Fusion 360's collaborative tools and ease of use; it seems a perfect tool, capturing the way we learn and design in 2014.

I'd like to keep everything on the level as far as licensing, but it's not totally clear. It appears that the young men and women can set up their own Fusion 360 accounts for free as students. But do the adult mentors fall under this category? Our maker space is a community educational effort but not a formal accredited institution; nor are we a commercial start-up.

(For those that are unfamiliar with maker spaces, we're not a formal school but a community volunteer educational group. We provide space, tools, and mentoring for electronics, robotics, design, etc. to fill the gap that formal secondary education misses. We have a mix of dedicated young people, some from public schools and some home educated, but all focused on putting their interest in STEM to practice.)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
curtis.chan
in reply to: blackpuma

Hello blackpuma,

Great to hear your involvement with getting Fusion 360 up and running at the makerspace!  We work with many makerspaces, and for the men and women that don't have a .edu account, feel free to register as a 'Startup' to obtain a year license for free.  Let us know if you have any issues.

Best,

-Curtis

Message 3 of 5
blackpuma
in reply to: curtis.chan

Thank you for the response, Curtis. And thanks to Autodesk for being so generous.
Message 4 of 5
curtis.chan

Anytime!  If you're guys are up to it, we'd love to come out and host a Meetup at your facility.  Mind if I ask the name?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
blackpuma

I don't know we have the numbers to make it worth your while, but we're always open to chatting. We're listed on youngmakers.org as Go DIY Now.

utah.county.youth.makers@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report