Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapping Broken

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SeanKane88
669 Views, 6 Replies

Snapping Broken

Hi,

I seem to have broken my snapping options. I am trying to create a sketch on a flat rectangular face (1 side of a standard box created with the box command). I am unable to snap to the corner or the sides of the box. This is very annoying as I need to be able to precisely locate the sketch. To make it worse earlier in the model (even to this morning) I was able to do this and now it suddenly seems to be broken. I have looked at it and the sketch plane appears to be created in the right plane (i.e. on the face of the box) so I don't know what's going on.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
schneik-adsk
in reply to: SeanKane88

If you turn off the solid body can you see the purple lines of the face in the sketch?
Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 7
SeanKane88
in reply to: schneik-adsk

No - see the following screenshots. I am trying to draw on the top ply of the tabletop. This is created as a box directly from the create menu. The only change is that I have made it to a component, assigned materials & appearances and renamed it. I have tried to draw on the faces of other elements where sketching has worked previously but none of the faces work now.

Top screenshot is with the body on, bottom with the body turned off.

360 Screenshot.png

360 Screenshot 2.png

Message 4 of 7
schneik-adsk

In the browser the sketch folder at the top right is off. Does it improve you sketching feedback if you click the light bulb to turn it on?

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 7
SeanKane88

Yes it does - thanks. I had checked that the sketch itself was lit up though - why does the folder have to be on as well as the new sketch?

Message 6 of 7
schneik-adsk

It acts like to water main at your house, if the folder is off all the children are off.
It is useful to be able to turn the folder off rather than turn many children off one by one.

There should be a warning when you try to create a sketch or any sketch objects that the things you are making are invisible. Did this not come up?
Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 7
SeanKane88

No - I didn't notice anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report