Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Mode Survey

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
keqingsong
942 Views, 7 Replies

Offline Mode Survey

We want to gather your feedback regarding offline mode for Fusion 360 so that we can better assess the request. Please take 3-5 minutes and complete this quick survey. Your feedback will be essentially driving this decision, and of course is always highly appreciated. Thanks! 

https://customer.voice.autodesk.com/se.ashx?s=077012DC13B84741

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
willtris
in reply to: keqingsong

Hi,

I missed the chance to complete the survey but, if it's not too late, I'd love Fusion 360 to have 100% freestanding off-line functionality. I just posted some of the context and reasons for this view on one of the other boards under the subject:

business models and pricing for small studios

Thanks,

gh

Message 3 of 8
keqingsong
in reply to: willtris

@willtris wrote:

Hi,

I missed the chance to complete the survey but, if it's not too late, I'd love Fusion 360 to have 100% freestanding off-line functionality. I just posted some of the context and reasons for this view on one of the other boards under the subject:

business models and pricing for small studios

Thanks,

gh

You're in luck, because we have another one that is currently open! If you can take a few minutes and complete the following survey regarding your overall Fusion 360 beta experience, it will be highly appreciated. Thank you for being awesome!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fTDKiA_ugKiX5giZq1DjL0HbbsyIyufcYCmq5_xlrKc/viewform?pli=1

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 8
MooSooBoo

I filled in the new survey too and added a note about offline use. Robust offline support is definetely a must. Examples:

1. working in a coffeeshop on un-secured wifi.

2. meeting a client to show work and have no internet access.

3. internet issues e.g. my normally reliable home office internet dropped out about once an hour yesterday, killing lots of online work.

Google Docs and Dropbox for example handle this very well. I can see a complex assembly made up of multiple files could be more complicated, but somehow it must work:-)

Message 5 of 8
kat.ingalls
in reply to: MooSooBoo

Thanks, MooSooBoo. Great example cases for when this functionality would be important. I've been using the google docs metaphor internally myself 🙂

We're on it!

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 6 of 8
willtris

Yep - those are great use cases

- also - trains and planes where wifi often fails or is unavailable

best,

wt

Message 7 of 8
MooSooBoo
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Google Docs does work very well at this.
Message 8 of 8
MooSooBoo
in reply to: willtris

Definetely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report