Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyshot plugin?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mic.nyberg
1509 Views, 3 Replies

Keyshot plugin?

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to Fusion 360 but I'm familiar with T-splines used in Rhino. I have also used Keyshot in the past. It's great to see Fusion 360 and Keyshot are getting chummy! 

One question. Working with Fusion 360 you say that the Keyshot plugin is free? Is that a trimmed down or trail version of Keyshot or is it the real deal? Do I need to buy a full version of Keyshot? Rendering with Keyshot via Fusion 360 but getting watermarks all over would be a bummer. 

Keep up the ace work!

Best,

Micael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
colin.smith
in reply to: mic.nyberg

Hi Micael,

The Keyshot plugin for Fusion360 enables customers who have Keyshot to push Fusion360 files directly to Keyshot with live linking.  The plugin will work with the Keyshot trial but after the trial period you will need to have a full version of Keyshot in order to get rid of the water mark.

Thanks

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
Message 3 of 4
herzinj
in reply to: mic.nyberg

Hi Micael,

Welcome to the Fusion 360 community, and thanks for reaching out!  I too am happy that Fusion 360 and KeyShot are chummy, and have been for some time now.  Your question about the integration with KeyShot is a good one, and Colin is right that after the trial period, you will have to get the full version of KeyShot in order to avoid the watermarks.  The standard version of KeyShot looks to start at $995 USD and $1,995 USD for the Pro version (students get it for $95!).  There is a ton of great information about this integration by KeyShot here and by AUGI here, but if you have any additional questions about anything, please let me know.

I would like to point out that the rending capabilities built into Fusion 360 are rather amazing!  If you haven’t given them a try, I would suggest doing so, and this video would be a great place to start learning how to take full advantage of these capabilities.  Be on the lookout for this environment inside of Fusion to keep growing.

One last item that I would like to bring up would be A360 Interactive Rendering beta.  I would suggest signing up for it and trying it out, it is great!  Some more information about it can be found on this forum post, and there is a very thorough getting started guide that you can also check out to learn the ropes. 

I hope this helps, and again, if you do have any further questions please let me know!

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 4 of 4
mic.nyberg
in reply to: herzinj

Hi James,

Thank you for your answer. It was very helpful.

Yes, I've had a go with Fusion 360 rendering mode. It is nice but not as nice as KeyShot renders. I dont know if the ambient occlusion is less delicate, the lighting options are fewer than KeyShot or if the materials are somewhat different (3D is not my expertice, I'm a UI/UX Designer by trade) but I couldnt reach the result I wanted in Fusion 360. All I know is that I could make renders that I was very happy with in KeyShot before and I could reach those resluts very easily. I know Fusion 360 is one of Autodesk's newer programs and that it's being constantly improved so I assume the Rendering mode will reach KeyShot levels eventually.

Having said all that, I checked the A360 Interactive Rendering beta video you sent me. Looks ace! I might give that one a go instead. I'm not a student and $995 USD for KeyShot seems a bit steep since I'm doing Industrial Design more on the side, for personal projects, at the moment. 

Once again, thank you for your reply and keep up the great work!

Micael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report