Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January Update and what happened?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
prabakarm
1044 Views, 10 Replies

January Update and what happened?

As we went live with the Jan update we quickly found out that we had an incorrect config file for the MAC.  So we pulled the update to fix it.  We have a fix for it and working out when to release the update.  Will provide an update shortly.

Sorry for the convenience.

Prabakar.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the downtime this has caused each one of you. The issue is a MAC ONLY problem and only for anyone that took our update early today.  If you have taken the update and on the MAC please follow below step that will help you get back on track.

1. Shut down the application
  2. From your dock Right click on Fusion 360 icon – Options- Show in Finder
  3. On the Autodesk Fusion 360 package Right click and select “Show Package Contents”
  4. Contents – Resources – CONFIG
  5. Replace “Fusion 360 .server.config” with the one attached to the thread
  6. Launch the application

The login should now start working. Please let us know if this did not work to resolve your Mac issue.

Once again we apologize for the downtime.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 11

when will the update be working properly for Mac?

Message 4 of 11

We are actively working to get the update out as soon as possible. I will update this thread when i have the exact time. 

However, if you had already updated earlier this morning and on a MAC (Only) – there are two choices:

1. Replace the config file following the steps listed in the above post – This can be done NOW and you will get the access to the latest build
  2. Uninstall the application/ Reinstall the application – This will put you back on a working production build and you will see the live update once we have push the new build

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 11

How would we know if the update was applied? I was prompted to restart Fusion 360 last night but never did so. Fusion 360 remained open overnight, and I continued to use it up until it crashed a few minutes ago.

Message 6 of 11

Go to the Help - About and you should see the build 2.0.1365. If you see 2.0.1402 then the update was applied (This would have give you trouble to login in the first place).

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 11

Has the update happened for the PC version?  I m not getting a banner or any notice about updating when I open Fusion.  Current version number shows to be 2.0.1365

Message 8 of 11

The update has not yet happened. We had to revert it back this morning. We are working on get **** fixed and redeploying. I will update this thread once I have an exact time.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 11

Subscribing for updates

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1229995573786339/
Message 10 of 11

The update is now available.

Kevin Schneider
Message 11 of 11

The January update is now live. To pick up this update please close the application and restart. Some may encounter an issue where the application does not restart automatically after the live update. Once you start it manually you should be good and on Build 2.0.1403. This update is for both Windows and Mac but NOT our Mac App Store users. We will get the Mac App Store users to the current build in the next few days.  

Thanks for your patience while we sorted out the issues from yesterday’s deployment.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report