Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
kat.ingalls
2341 Views, 24 Replies

Introduce yourself!

I think it would be good for all of us to introduce ourselves and put some faces to the names. I’ll start it off:
Share a picture, location, background, and 5 fun facts/interests.

Hey everyone! I’m Kat, and I manage the Facebook page for Fusion 360. I work in Autodesk's Portland office, and started here just over a year ago.

I’m a recent MechE grad (Cornell) with a background in product + industrial design. So, happily, Fusion 360 is near and dear to my heart because I know the collaboration between technical/engineering and creative/design is long overdue. I’m so happy to be part of this project!

5 fun facts

• I love drawing, painting and graphic design - especially enjoy watercolors and art nouveau.
  • Even though I live in the coffee capital of the US, I'm a hardcore tea enthusiast. 
  • I spent 3 months in India for an internship at a product design startup.
  • I've programmed a robot.
  • When I need a mental "time out," I knit!

Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 4.32.26 PM.png

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
VincentModena
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Hi,

I'm Vincent from Cape Town, South Africa.  We're an Autodesk Reseller on the southern tip of Africa!  Unfortunately this comes with a slow internet connection as well so I will be watching this forum from a (proverbial) distance.  Great idea but its not going to work in Africa yet.Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 25

Have you tried?
Kevin Schneider
Message 23 of 25
dejiAwodele
in reply to: cekuhnen

Hello there Claas! This is an impressive collection of work you have here. If that bike made it into production, it'll be super nice; would definitely get one of them.

I was wondering if you may be interested in collaborating in some design work with me. It's pretty much some ind. design stuff which (from these pictures) seems right up your alley. Please get in touch if you will require more information.
Facebook: Adedeji Awodele.
twitter: @dayg88.

Cheers.
Message 24 of 25
lure23
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Thanks, everyone. It's great to read about you.

Venemessut.jpg

This is me at a boat fair in Helsinki, some years back. My remaining personal dream is to own a sailing boat (one day). 🙂

Professionally, I come from a software background, with digital electronics and some land surveying background thrown in. Started my university studies in Astronomy (Finland is great in that btw).

My first CAD model was around 1985 or so with AutoCAD and Windows 1 (must have been!). I created the solar system. 

Now, 28 years later I'm looking into Fusion 360 and Sim 360 to bring a lasting, scalable, transport-as-a-service offering to public transport operators worldwide. Yeah. Garin mentioned coming from roller coasters. Just like that, but with engines, switches, stations, and with less ups and downs.

We're gathering existing industrial players to back the system. For this, digital proof-of-concepts are crucial.

Five fun facts?

· I learned snowboarding at the age of 32 (how hard can it be - my brother does it?!)

· Finland doesn't have a single satellite in space (but we have instruments in Titan)

· Iron Sky is getting a sequel

· Linus Torvalds is 6 months older than me (he's from 1969 side - I'm from the 1970's...)

· "We were promised flying cars - we got Facebook" - Buzz Aldrin on MIT Technology Review

· I don't have a Facebook account

Do get in touch on twitter (@bmdesignhki).

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Tags (3)
Message 25 of 25
kat.ingalls
in reply to: lure23

Hey Asko! Welcome to the Fusion 360 community. We've been interacting on Twitter plenty (I manage the social accounts for Fusion), and so glad to see you made it over here to our more "in depth" discussions. So glad to have you on board! One of my life goals is to learn how to sail and spend a few months sailing around the world. 🙂

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report