Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you explain Fusion 360 to a friend?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kat.ingalls
667 Views, 3 Replies

How would you explain Fusion 360 to a friend?

If you wanted to tell friend interested in 3D design about Fusion 360, how would you describe it to them?

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lure23
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Naturally, depends on the person and where they're coming from (technically).

I'd say it's trying to combine free-form (like Alias) and engineering-based (like Inventor) in one product. That itself is rather cool. But it seems to be doing this in a way that even I can get a grasp on.

( That should be convincing to people who know me. 🙂 )

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 3 of 4
tdtwohy
in reply to: kat.ingalls

"F360 is a powerful modeling tool that blends simple gestural design tools and a solid engineering workhorse at an affordable price... Indespensable for small design houses, growing design groups and distant partners"

Where's my free t-shirt?

Message 4 of 4
briankb
in reply to: tdtwohy

it's what Sketchup should have been...

I have been getting people started with Sketchup because it is so easy to use and create things from scratch.

After today, my first real trial of Fusion 360, I will definately be pushing them towards this instead. Especially the younger kids who ask me about 3D printing or design. The student and hobbyist licenses for F360 will make it an easy sell. I hope they make a version of F360 that is just free to use all together to incourage young middle school or high school students to get into something with this level of detail and capability. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report