Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me Solve a Unique Installation Problem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
762 Views, 12 Replies

Help Me Solve a Unique Installation Problem

Hello,

I am having trouble installing Fusion 360. In July of this year, I installed a copy of Fusion 360. I went the software today and it didn't work.

I tried uninstalling it with Windows Uninstaller. That failed, so I deleted all of my Autodesk folders. Now, when I try to install Fusion 360 with the download wizard, it hangs on the "initialization" screen at 0%.

Does anyone know what I can do to make the software install?
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
joseph.shi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Cmock13:

Thanks for the information you provide.
You can try to delete the legacy installation files from:

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Autodesk
and:
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

Actually you could delete those two folders directly if you are trying a fresh install.
And after that, please refer to the link below to start a fresh install:
http://www.appstreaming.autodesk.com/install/app/73e72ada57b7480280f7a6f4a289729f/

It takes some time(up to 5-10 minutes in some cases) when initializing the install.
Please let me know if you have problems.
Thanks.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: joseph.shi

Hey Joseph,

I deleted all Autodesk files. Afterwards, I used the client installer and waited for it to initialize. After over 25 minutes, the initialization was still at 0%.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Hey Joseph,

Have you made any developments with this?

I left the window open all night. I didn't have any progress.

Message 5 of 13
Pavel_Holecek

Hi Cmock13,

could you try to uninstall this item from you PC before you will install Fuison 360?

Uninstall_AdExDbmanager.gif

Let me know if it helps.

Thank you  a lot

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 6 of 13
joseph.shi

Hi cmock13:

Can you please help to send us the install log file for the reference?
We will have the corresponding developer look into this issue.
Sorry again for the trouble that brings to you.
You can find the log file (autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log) under path:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\

Thanks.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Sure, see the attached.

Message 8 of 13
baribak

Hi,

In the meantime can you try following the instructions for uninstalling outlined in the README and see if that works?

Also, regarding your initial problem that Fusion wouldn't work, was this because your trial period had expired? When your Fusion trial expires you can download files from your projects and "use" the Fusion commands, but won't be able to save anything.

Additionally if it is your trial expired uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix this. To resolve this you either need to sign up as a Student or Startup, or purchase a subscription. After you've successfully reinstalled and login to Fusion, click on the "Expired" button then Explore Options. 

If it is not an trial expiration issue, please provide more information regarding the nature of problem. 

Regards, KpB

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: baribak

I tried the README. No luck.

The problem didn't have anything to do with the trial. I couldn't even get to the project dashboard.

When I tried to start Fusion 360, it stayed at 0% and wouldn't take me to the project dashboard. Now, when I try to install a new copy of the  get to this screen.

screenshot

And it stays there indefinitely (I have left it up for over 45 minutes).

After every failed attempt to install Fusion, I restart my machine and manually delete all of my Autodesk files.

When I retry the install, I get the same result.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

I tried that, no luck.
Message 11 of 13
baribak

Hi cmock13,

Thanks for trying that.

Can you contact me directly at kevin.baribault@autodesk.com with a telephone number, day and time I can reach you so we can resolve this?

Thanks!

Regards, KpB

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 12 of 13
bob_holland

cmock13,

Can you please have a different user (local admin) log in and see if it works for that user?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: bob_holland

I just wanted to update everyone on the issue.

It turns out that I had a virus on my computer that was blocking access to Autodesk's server. I did a light system restore and was able to install.

The support was great. I had a great conversation with a rep who helped a lot with the troubleshooting process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report