Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Fusion 360 Training

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
keqingsong
7088 Views, 33 Replies

Get Fusion 360 Training

We've updated our learning site to include tutorials of specific areas of the software. Click the image or here to get to the site!

Learning Center

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 9.52.41 AM.png

YouTube Channel

We have have new tutorials and tips videos uploaded weekly on our YouTube channel

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 9.58.19 AM.png

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
EdDRM
in reply to: keqingsong

Need help.

Ok I down loaded the dataset and uploaded it to Fusion 360. Now I have a file/project not sure what to call it (Fusion360_Onboarding_Datasets.zip) that I can,t do much with. 

Am I missing something or do I have the wrong file/project?

Thanks in advance ,

Ed

Message 3 of 34
keqingsong
in reply to: EdDRM

You need to Unzip and upload what's in the zip file to your account via the data panel. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 4 of 34
koltonmcconkey

Hi I'd really like to be able to do this training, however when I click the link for the .zip file all that shows up is the A360 header as you can see in my picture. Why is it not downloading? Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 9.33.05 PM.png

Message 5 of 34

Nevermind all is good, just tried it again today and is working. 🙂

Message 6 of 34
justin.aden

When I first opened Fusion there was a step by step tutorial for making a lamp.  It was very nice and I learned a lot more than I do from the video tutorials.  How do I restart the in-app lamp tutorial?

Are there other tutorials that walk you through a project in the app rather than with a video?

Thanks

Message 7 of 34
justin.aden
in reply to: justin.aden

I figured it out. 

I was looking under the "Help" tab at the top of the screen.  The "step-by-step" tutorial link is not there, it is under the "?" menu in the upper right hand corner.  

These are great tutorials!

Thanks for putting them together. 

-J

Message 8 of 34
keqingsong
in reply to: justin.aden

Great, and thanks for the feedback! The Step-by-step tutorials are more fundamental and are in-product. The Training material dives deeper into how to use certain tools, and are PDFs/Videos accompanied by their respective F3D files. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous

Hi,

As a newbie trying to get through the "onboarding training" and having some issues... and a suggestion

Suggestion: WOuld be nice if there was an option as one signs up online, to have the latest onboarding model files added into a training project, without downloading them.

Benefit: Less web traffic for you, and also good version control ( as training develops )

Issues... Somethings not working exactly as shown...

1. Latest version of the .f3d file not in the dataset. I downloaded twice today, both from the link in Youtube and from above, but in both zip-files the "04_model_from_sculpted_body.f3d" is version-1. But the training module video refer to version-9 !!

2. Some times the commands do not execute as in the video, maybe that is a F360 version challange... For instane, when I in the above modelling of the knife try to create a "Sectional Analysis", it does the section, but when I click on [OK] it closes it out to the closed model...??!!

Message 10 of 34
keqingsong
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, thank for your feedback! Your suggestion is happening in the next update. We were not able to do this previously due to back-end complexities but we have a solution now and will have the training f3d files included with Fusion 360 so that you don't have to download, unzip, and reupload. 

As for the issues, I do see the inconsistent version numbers. This shouldn't impact the core teachings of the training - there is nothing different in the model between version 1 and version 9. Version 9, in this case, means that it was saved for the 9th time during the recording. 

Your section analysis issue is odd, it shouldn't happen. I just tried it on my end and it has not happened. Make sure that you have the light bulbs next to Analysis and Bodies turned on in the browser when you do this. 

Let me know if this helps. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous

Hi!! I downloaded the zip file "Fusion360_Onboarding_Datasets.zip" for this training..  After that, the files inside cant open properly in f360.. It always appear "opening of local files not supported"? what should I do to fix this? see attachment for reference.. Thanks!!!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous

Hi,
What you need is to upload the un-zipped files into your own "cloud", then
you can work with them. F360 can currently only work with files from the
cloud and not local ones.

Hope that helps
Message 13 of 34
keqingsong

Hey hotshut2

I noticed in your screenshot that you're offline - you can tell by the cloud icon next to your name in the top right corner. Was that your intention? If not, Click your name and make sure "Work Offine" is unchecked. Also as FYI, Fusion 360 automatically kicks into offline mode when you loose internet connection. You'll still be able to access your designs as long as they are cached. Designs are usually cached for 2 weeks and get updated everytime you save. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous

Thanks for this, its a big help since Im only started using this for the past few days. Thumbs up!

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous

The body in v15 is quite different from the body in v1. For starters, v15 is made up of 2 bodies (left and right). v1 has just one solid body ergo, we can't hide one part to see the inside (thus we can't follow the video).

Message 16 of 34
giago

hi, 

i'm a very principiant with fusion 360. i'm reading this tutorial, but i can't find constraint menu..

how can i use constraint?

Thanks Giuseppe

Message 17 of 34
keqingsong
in reply to: giago

@giago wrote:

hi, 

i'm a very principiant with fusion 360. i'm reading this tutorial, but i can't find constraint menu..

how can i use constraint?

Thanks Giuseppe

Hey Giuseppe, are you referring to the sketch tutorial? Constraints for Sketch can be found in the sketch palette that appears to the left when you initiate a sketch. Does this help? 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 18 of 34
CapGuy

Hi Keqing,
I apologize for my bad English writing, but I would let you know my feeling about the "get started" learning curve for F360 :
As it is very confusing to have to scan all forums, community tips, advices and so on just to be able to follow the "training 101" (you know when we aren't English native tongue it is not so easy to understand quickly enough to avoid some wasted time) may I suggest you to update *all* the PDF links to point just on a single HTML page, with all video links and other informations always maintained up to date online ?
For instance, you could delete the onboard training PDF then use an other new small PDF instead with just one link to point to an index HTML of a miniwebsite for this training.
This could save huge of time, for you as for the (maybe future) users, and consequently will help a lot everybody as the entire F360 project, IMHO.

nota bene : for those who prefer PDF offline they will be able to save HTML pages with all PDF tools we have now free... And all will be always up to date if any needs without any wasted Autodesk ressource.

If I'm not clear enough please let me know, I'll try my best to explain better my thought.
Thanks for your time reading me,
Best Regards,
Guy

--
May The Force be...yond !
Message 19 of 34
daniel_lyall
in reply to: CapGuy

we are all wating for the manuals to be updated 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 20 of 34
CapGuy
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Yes, no doubt, just it could be good to say it is not my only purpose in my previous message...
--
May The Force be...yond !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report