Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 not working

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
806 Views, 8 Replies

Fusion 360 not working

I have been using Fusion 360 for the last 3 months and I really like the tools avaliable but the performance is awfal, it crashes very often, a bit laggy and for the last 3 or 4 days I have not been able to open a document, each time I double click on a file to be opened it goes on a loading loop and never opens the file, the only way I have found of working with one (if Fusion 360 opens atall) is to right click on a file and insert it. I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 13" with an i7, 16GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD with OS X Yosemite. I have uninstalled and re-installed it and nothing changed, all this started happening when I updated it last week. Does this happen to any of you and if so would you know who to fix it? I find very shaemfull to make such an expensive piece of software that doesn't even work properly, it feels like I am using an alpha version of the program, not happy at all.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Posted in wrong product forum - should be in the Fusion 360 forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Fusion 360. Can you please send us your log files that might better help us understand what is happening on your system?

Go to Help (top left corner) in the application - Diagnostics Log Files.
This should generate a zip file for you. Please send the zip file to raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com

Also regarding the crashes, are you sending in the crash reports? If yes can you please let us know with what email ID you have been registered? We can quickly look at all the reports from you in our database to see if there is a pattern.

I can also give you a call directly to quickly look in to the problem. In your email to me please let me know your contact details and also a good time to contact you.
Message 4 of 9
RajkumarIlanchelian

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Fusion 360. Can you please send us your log files that might better help us understand what is happening on your system?

Go to Help (top left corner) in the application - Diagnostics Log Files.
This should generate a zip file for you. Please send the zip file to raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com

Also regarding the crashes, are you sending in the crash reports? If yes can you please let us know with what email ID you have been registered? We can quickly look at all the reports from you in our database to see if there is a pattern.

I can also give you a call directly to quickly look in to the problem. In your email to me please let me know your contact details and also a good time to contact you.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I could not find the tab you mentioned on the help menu. This are all the options I get

Help

I am sending a report for most of the crashes I am geting, my registered email is: elrumo97@me.com

Thanks for your answer

Message 6 of 9
baribak

Hi elrumo,

In Fusion in the upper-right corner you will see a "?" drop down menu. Click on that menu and you will see an option called, "Diagnostic Log File". 

LogFileImage.png

Click this entry and Fusion will gather your log files and create a ZIP file which you can then send in.

In the meantime until we review the log files you can also see if it may be related to a bad browser cache file. For this you can delete the existing cache and have Fusion rebuild it. To delete the browser cache:

1. Exit Fusion.
  2. Launch a Terminal window.
  3. Type: open $TMPDIR/Autodesk <Enter>
  4. This will display a Finder window displaying the BrowserCache folder. Move the BrowserCache to the trash.
  5. Exit Finder and restart Fusion.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to helping!

Regards, KpB

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: baribak

Hi again, When I type in what you said on the terminal a window with nothing on it pops up, there is nothing to delete . Also when I click on Fusion the button to get the Diagnostic Files a window comes up but only for a fraction of a second and does not give me enough time to read where it has been saved. Where does Fusion save the Diagnostic .zip file? Thanks
Message 8 of 9
Roman_Vesely

Hi Elmuro,

once you will use this command, you should see window like this:

DIagnosticLogFiles.png

DiagnostiLogFiles will be stored in folder like this (if you have .com installation):

/Users/<current user>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/FusionDiagnosticsData

If you have Fusion installed from App store, you could find this folder here:

/Users/<current user>/Library/Containers/com.autodesk.mas.fusion360/Data/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/FusionDiagnosticsData

Regards

Roman

Fusion QA team

Roman Vesely

Inventor - Principal QA Engineer
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for sending in the log files to my email. I am currently takeing a look. I will update this post as I know more. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report