Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 installation failure

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
maplestiltskin
1262 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion 360 installation failure

I have tried to install the Fusion360 trial on a Mac (OS 10.9.5) and the install fails at the point when the installer is trying to set up 360. It notifies me to pick up an email, hangs for a while and then tells me to contact support. I have tried downloading from the Autodesk site and after that failed I uninstalled according to the details I found in another post and attempted a re-install from the apple store. This produced the same result.

The installer has created an active ID on the Autodesk site but the install has not completed. Any suggestions please?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello and Welcome to the community.

• Check to make sure you are able to log into accounts.autodesk.com from the machine where you are trying to install fusion360.
  • Check your proxy server or firewall to make sure you are able to connect to the following domains:

*.autodesk.com, *.virtualearth.net, *autodesk360.com, *.cloudfront.net, *.google-analytics.com, *.akamaiedge.net, *.amazonaws.com, *.getsatisfaction.com, *.autocadws.com, *.akamaintechnologies.com, *.msecnd.net, *.microsoft.com, *.google.com, *.edgekey.net, *.newrelic.com, *.velasystems.com

See link for more details.

How to resolve network connectivity problems for Fusion 360

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Netw...

• If possible try installing connecting to another network.
  • Have you tried performing a clean uninstall following the steps listed in the link below and a reinstall?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the response. I am still having problems.

I am able to log into the autodesk account from the same computer.

The Mac is connected to the internet via an ADSL router (Draytek Vigor) so there is only a basic network. I have turned off the Macs firewall (there is no proxy server, but I added the domain names you listed to the 'bypass proxy settings for these hosts and Domains' in the proxies tab of the network configuration just in case), there is no anti-virus software. I have un-installed the software using the instructions on the link you provided. (Going into terminal and executing open $TMPDIR/Autodesk , only the browsercache folder was present - do not know if that is relevant).

I exeuted the download from the app store again and tried a complete re-installation but got exactly the same result. It does appear that fusion is trying to communicate and failing but I cannot think of any other potential 'blocker'. It gets as far as the dialogue box containing the message "check your email for a personalized link to get your fusion 360 data from a browser and resources to get productive immediately" and then displays "unable to setup Fusion...."

Any other ideas please? I really would like to use this software.

Message 4 of 8
Gnasher42
in reply to: maplestiltskin

Good news - I got it working! First tried installing on a different machine using the same ID and it worked - once only and then refused to work again. I did notice that although it worked, the top right of the screen displayed "No user signed in", or very similar text. I thought that may be because the account was not set up correctly, even though I can log into it separately. So I set up a new account and it now seems to be working just fine. Now for the learning curve...Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Message 5 of 8
herzinj
in reply to: Gnasher42

Hi Gnasher42,

I'm glad to see that you got things working, and wanted to thank you for coming back and sharing with us what got things figured out.  It's great to have this sort of information on the forums so that everyone else can try and learn from it if they encounter similar issues. 

Please let us know if you have any questions why working with Fusion 360, hopefully the learning curve won't be too steep! 😉

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 6 of 8
matt
in reply to: herzinj

I am having the same problem.. tried creating a new account but I get the same result.. it hangs on this screen and no email is ever sent.. One other thing I don't quite understand. Is there a different account for Autodesk and Fusion 360?

Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 8.42.32 am.png

Message 7 of 8
bob_holland
in reply to: matt

@matt,

I would check to see if your anti-virus does not like this behavior.

I would also check to see if you have any proxy servers.

Here is a link to help troubleshoot network connectivity issues that we frequently run across:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Netw...

Are you installing on a Mac or PC?

Thank you for trying Fusion 360 and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 8 of 8
maplestiltskin
in reply to: matt

Hi Matt,

It sounds like you have done all the things that I tried and eventually succeeded with and I admit I am struggling to remember the details from a few months ago. In addition to the suggestions made by Autodesk, I often find I have to change the security settings on the browser (I am using safari) [Safari/preferences/security] to allow installation to complete for other software. Also under the privacy tab in safari preferences, you might want to disable 'block cookies and other website data'. There is also an outside chance that your internet provider may be running a virus checker on your behalf - I know mine does, although this has not affected me so far but in extremis may be worth exploring. Basically the intention is to remove as many of the pieces of software examining your data streams from the internet as possible to give the install the best possible chances of working. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report