Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 FAQs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
keqingsong
10489 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 FAQs

1. What do I need to run Fusion 360

You’re going to need to the following specs to have a good experience with Fusion 360:

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.7 or later, 64-bit Windows 7 or later

CPU: 64-bit processor

Memory: 3GB RAM (4GB recommended) 

Graphics Card: All graphics cards on supported hardware (other than Intel GMA X3100) 

Keyboard: U.S. Or U.K. Keyboard layout

Pointing device: MS-compliant mouse, Apple Mouse, Magic Mouse, MacBook Pro trackpad

2. Where is Fusion 360 installed?

Mac OSX
     Hold the option key in Finder and go to Library>Application Support>Autodesk>webdeployScreen Shot 2013-06-26 at 1.35.03 PM.png
    Windows
    Navitage to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

3. How to I uninstall the beta version? 

This thread will guide you through how to uninstall the beta version.http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/How-to-uninstall-beta-and-export-designs-whil...

4. How do I save my work

You can save by creating new versions of your work, and the design will be updated in your dashboard.

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 10.40.30 AM.png

5. How do I save locally?

From the dashboard
    Click on the details of a design and click on Export. You can then choose to save in F3D or Inventor 2014, IGES, SAT, SMT, STEP, DWG, DXF,  and STL file formats. This will start the conversion in the background and you will be notified once your design is available for download.

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 12.59.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 12.41.13 PM.png

From the design workspace
    Select Export to save your design in IGES, SAT, SMT AND STEP file formats to your desired location on your computer. 
    Select Export Archive to save your design as a F3D file format to your desired location on your computer. 

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 12.36.30 PM.png

6. How do I import my work? 

Click on the Import button and choose the file you'd like to import. 
Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 1.01.17 PM.png

Once uploaded, it will appear in the Recent Data section, available for you to start editing. 

• Importing large files can take a long time depending on your internet service. You can check your alerts to see updated status of your import. 

7. How do I bring designs into an existing design?

Go to the modeling workspace, then Assemble section, and choose Place.
Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 1.05.53 PM.png

Then type in the name of the design you'd like to bring in and click the magnifying glass button to search. Once, found, select it click Okay to finish. 
Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 1.06.31 PM.png

Can I still get my beta designs if I forgot to export them and installed the release version? 

Yes. 

1. Go to the 3 bar menu and choose Other, then choose Export Beta Content.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.36.02 AM.png

2. Enter your beta site name, click next.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.38.10 AM.png

3. Choose a location and then it will save in a folder called BetaDesigns.

Note: If you have lot of designs, please be patient; it will take a while since the program will export every single design in your site. 

Thanks!

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kat.ingalls
in reply to: keqingsong

Really useful - couldn't figure out how to open a file from my desktop, and this saved me! Thanks, Keqing.

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 3 of 4
lure23
in reply to: keqingsong

Sorry to say, lots of typos. Since this is an official (and 'sticky') post, someone could check the language (I can if you ask me to).
Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 4
keqingsong
in reply to: lure23

@lure23 wrote:
Sorry to say, lots of typos. Since this is an official (and 'sticky') post, someone could check the language (I can if you ask me to).

Thanks for the heads up bmdesign; typos have been fixed. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report