Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dream project

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kat.ingalls
468 Views, 6 Replies

Dream project

What's something you've always wanted to design, engineer or build, but havn't yet?

... and what's stopping you?

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rinkwraith
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Always wanted to design and build my own 8-bit computer system - custom hardware, proprietry OS etc. etc - as if it was 1984 and I was designing a platform to compete with the Commodores, Apples, Acorns etc.

I'm pretty handy on the electronics side but have never bothered doing the project before because I wasn't able to create a completely custom case design and other non-electronic parts.

Earlier this year, I started. A couple of factors made me decide that this was the time - better 3D CAD tools and easy access to cheap(ish) 3D printing were definitely high up there.

Message 3 of 7
kat.ingalls
in reply to: Rinkwraith

Very cool! That's so awesome that you're pursuing your dream project. Definitely hope Fusion can help oue with the case! Would love to see your design for that in the gallery 🙂 Keep us posted!

Kat

Message 4 of 7
sgray
in reply to: kat.ingalls

Mine is a hobby train "o- scale" that has on-board computer and video feed so that the user gets an "engineer's view" on their PC as the train travels around the track.  In addition to designing the train engine ( motors, drive train, etc) I am learning programming so I can program the controller card.  My vision is that my train will have built-in intelligence from the video feed, so that it automatically slows down when approaching a sharp corner or intersections, even stopping at a red light.

What is most exciting is that I have the opportunity to design the body of the train to be as aerodynamic and futuristic as I wish.   I am hoping Fusion can help make that happen.

Message 5 of 7

I have a design on a surgical instrument. I am hope that fusion will enable me to finally put it in the works.  I am waiting on my new machine to get here so I can install.  I feel so left out... 😞

This instrument could potentially save thousands of live of babies.  We were at Texas Chrildrens and the doctors told me what they were using to do this surgery on my wife, and I asked them why they couldn't do it a different way.  They said it was because they were limmited by the movement of the curent tool.  I want to change that, and I will..

Message 6 of 7
kat.ingalls
in reply to: sgray

This is such a cool idea! My dad was a big model train geek, so I grew up loving them. Fusion should definitely be able to help you with the train modeling! I can't wait to see the final result. 🙂 

Kat

Message 7 of 7

What an inspiring and personal story. Thank you so much for sharing it - I love designs focused around a personal cause. Please do keep our community updated on this project and post updates to the Gallery. Really hoping Fusion can help!

Kat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report