Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous crashes while copy/pasting from one file to the other

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Helmi74
399 Views, 3 Replies

Continous crashes while copy/pasting from one file to the other

Hi,

in the past i often copy/pasted components from one open drawing to the other to reuse previously designed components. That always worked well.

I didn't do so much work with Fusion360 lately but before i stopped working with it i already had these crashes when doing these copy/paste actions. Now after restarting to work more with Fusion again i still see this error. Is there any general problem?

I also sent 2 CERs from two times that happened with the same file today.

Frank

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
josef.kucera
in reply to: Helmi74

Hi Helmi,

this seems to be similar to this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-fusion-360-questions/fusion-crashing-on-pasting-new-component-...

Please, could you try a workaround described here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketching-sculpting-modeling-and/duplicating-or-copying-components/m-p...

Regards,

Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 3 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: josef.kucera

Thanks Josef, that helps - well partly.

I can insert the previously saved component into my actual drawing but i can't move/rotate it. I get an error message regarding a Rigid Group and it still inserts the component like expected but then there's no "Move" in the context menu of the component.
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 4 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: Helmi74

never mind. Some sub components were grounded which wasn't visible on the top level but was the reason for the move command not appearing. As a sidenote this probably could be handled in a more user friendly way like showing the greyed out Move command and showing a hint when the user tries to click it like "grounded components inside, no move possible".
---
Frank / @helmi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report