Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload files from Inventor Fusion

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
hugues1965
576 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot upload files from Inventor Fusion

Hello ,

i cannot upload files anymore in my Autodesk Fusion 360 account, at the end of upload, it simply says FAILED, without any message.

I'm trying to import a file from Inventor Fusion on my Mac, with extension .f3d. It used to work, i also managed to upload this part in the past, but i deleted it.

I can upload .stl file, but i cannot edit these, so i really need this part from Inventor Fusion.

Is there a size limit to my account ? maybe i have too many parts ?

I think the problem started with your new version of 360,

thanks a lot

Hugues Laliberte

Switzerland

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello Hugues,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 feedback forum. I'm going to move this message to the Fusion board where the Fusion experts hang out so you get the best chance of getting some help with this question. I did see a post like this last week and it turned out to be Fusion specific.

I was also able to download and upload your file to my A360 account, so lets see if the Fusion guys have any ideas on this. 

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction for help with A360 Fusion and please let us know how this goes.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 9
matt.pooley
in reply to: hugues1965

Hi Hugues,

This does sound like an issue in the connection between your computer and our back end servers, possibly triggered by the recent software update.

Could you first try a clean up operation to see if it helps with your problem :

• Close Fusion 360 if you have it open
  • Then delete the folder /Users/<Your Apple User ID>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360
  • Then restart Fusion 360 and attempt to upload a model again.

If this does solve the problem, then it is similar to some other cases we have seen and is an issue we are working to resolve.

If it doesn't solve the problem, please use the 'Diagnostic Log Files' command which is under Fusion 360's help menu. This will generate a set of files we can use to investigate further. Please send the created file to me at matt.pooley@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Matt Pooley

on behalf of the Fusion 360 Dev Team

Message 4 of 9
hugues1965
in reply to: matt.pooley

Hi Matt,

thanks for your feed-back,

I deleted the folder while the app was closed, then re-started it and tried to upload 3 different files, they each fail as before.

While doing this i was prompted to re-start the app after a download (new version ?), which i did. I tried again but same problem.

As for the  'Diagnostic Log Files'  command, funny enough, i don't see aynthing like this in the help menu. I only see: 

- Help

- Forum

- gallery

- feed-back

- Autodesk Exchange apps

An idea ?

thanks a lot for your help

Message 5 of 9
matt.pooley

Hi Hugues,

The truncated contents of your help menu are an interesting wrinkle and may be a pointer at the cause of the problem.

Our latest release contains a help menu as shown in the attached image (image from Windows, Mac looks similar)

To ensure you have the latest version of the software, please visit the web site at http://fusion360.autodesk.com/about and re-download. This will update you to the latest version.

Regards,

Matt Pooley

on behalf of the Fusion Dev Team

Message 6 of 9
hugues1965

I have de-installed Fusion 360 (with the app) and re-installed it (from the link you provided), but no change, still failed message at the end of upload,

My Help menu is quite different than yours, still the same options i mentioned above, no Diagnostic files,

Something i forgot to say maybe, i'm running the Mac version, the Fusion 360 version i installed is 2.0.1285, i'm running OSX 10.8.5, i have 17 Gig available on disk,

any other idea ?

thanks a lot

Hugues

Message 7 of 9
matt.pooley

Hi Hugues,

Thank you for trying the re-install process, we're investigating at the moment to understand what could make the diagnostic command 'disappear'.

It is possible this missing command is linked to the upload problems you are seeing, however, we'd also like to examine that issue in parallel.

Could you collect the log files our diagnostic command gathers and forward to us for investigation.

On a Mac they live in the folder : /Users/<Apple User ID>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/<Autodesk User ID> and are named AppLogFile********-.log

Note that the Autodesk user ID in this path isn't the name you use to login, but is an internal ID which looks like 10 random letters.

Thanks for your interest in Fusion, we hope to have you fully up and running soon.

Matt Pooley

on behalf of the Fusion Dev Team

Message 8 of 9
hugues1965

Ok, some progress this morning, i'm now able to upload files, but still cannot see the Help menu items that you listed.

What happened is that in the previous step , i did not delete the Autodesk Fusion 360 folder from the right place on my Mac. Not sure wher it was, but this morning i found the correct location, deleted it and started the application. 

So i can upload files now, but stil cannot see the menu items, so i will forward you the log files to your e-mail above,

thanks a lot for your support, i really love your app !

Hugues

Message 9 of 9
matt.pooley

Hi Hugues,

Glad to hear that the upload process is working for you now, and thank you for the log files you forwarded.

We're investigating the missing 'Diagnostic Log Files' command and will provide an update once we work out what is happening.

Regards,

Matt Pooley

on behalf of the Fusion Dev Team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report