Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another crash report when saving (Save as new) a component.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TrippyLighting
404 Views, 6 Replies

Another crash report when saving (Save as new) a component.

CER_106283555

F360 Ultimate crashes when attempting to save a component as a separate file (Carrier board; "Save as new)

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/032fb8ec-31f7-4f4d-8400-8c8ff7f954a4

Peter Doering
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for sending in the CER and providing very helpful information. Sorry about the inconvinence that Crash has caused.

Earlier, when you sent in CER_105306165, it was very helpful for us to look into and address it.

We will look into this one as well.

Thanks,

Vijay

Message 3 of 7
NicolasXu
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hi TrippyLighting,

Thanks for bringing this out. I can reproduce the crash by using the “LED Lamp” dataset you shared to Nathan. The root cause is the two Hole features in Group20 in the timeline. The development team is actively working on a solution. The tracking ID is FUS-15818.

As a workaround, you may suppress the Hole1 and Hole2 feature in Group20 from the timeline, then Save Copy As. Once it finished, you can open the component and unsuppress the two Holes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
TheGermanOddjob
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hello,

I have had this same problem in two different files.

It worked in one of them to suppress the holes but not in the other.

Any more Tips on workarounds or solutions?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7

Considering that this error has been reported you may want to wait until the January update comes out on the 15th and then see if this still happens. I think I have reported 7+ bugs since the beginnig of December and would like to see these fixed 😉

Peter Doering
Message 6 of 7
NicolasXu
in reply to: TheGermanOddjob

Hi TrippyLighting,

The issue mentioned in this post (tracking ID: CER_106283555 or FUS-15818) is fixed in the internal build. You should be able to see it in next update if everything going smooth.

Hi TheGermanOddjob,

We may have to look into the file to see if it’s the same root cause. To ensure the fix can solve your problem, would it be possible to share the model with us for a further look (and what’s the component name to be saved)?

You can either Export the entire file as .F3d format or Share Public Link with me by enabling the download permission. Both commands are available under the File menu.

My email address: lixiong.xu@autodesk.com

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
NicolasXu
in reply to: TheGermanOddjob

Hi Alex,

I received your file and tested the Save Copy As workflow. Both components in the file can be saved successfully in the internal build.

The root cause is slightly different with the one mentioned here. The development team has fixed it, too. So your workflow will be good in the coming release.

Sorry for the inconvenience and keep the feedback coming.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report